Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local mom and pop dealership near me found an old CX650 turbo gas tank up in some rafters, in remarkably good shape, no major dents or dings, inside pretty darn clean. No petcock or cap, but original paint in excellent shape, I'd rate it a 9 out of 10. I have a CX500 Turbo and don't really need this tank, but don't have any idea what it's worth either. What would be a fair offer for it? They basically told me they had no clue what it was worth, but would sell it "if the price was right", which leads me to believe they know it's not some old throwaway Jap tank. I paid 250 for a nice CX500 Turbo tank about a year ago, is that in the right ballpark? Let me know your thoughts, and if somebody here needs it, I'll see about getting it for you!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
500Turbocx, If they would do $250 for the tank I would be a buyer. I am in Arkansas, so shipping should not be too bad. Thanks for posting this.

Ed

·
Registered
171 Posts
Original paint and good condition, minus the cap and petcock? I'd say that is a very good find.....Remember, all chrome gas caps from other early 80s Honda model will fit, just no red,white and blue wing. Petcocks can also be found. If I needed a tank, I would buy this one right now!!!!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Anyone ever get any pictures?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.