Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay folks, I'm having a HARD time trying to find an air filter for my CX650 Custom. I'm thinking about switching over to pod filters. I searched through the forum but didn't find anything specific for the 650 (I'll keep looking though). I'm also running Emgo shorty mufflers rather than stock (they rusted out).

If I switch to pods what jet sizes should I start with considering pods and shorty mufflers? I still have the H-box on the bike.

While I have these carbs out and am doing a "Larry Cleaning" I'd like to get the right jets in there as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Okay folks, I'm having a HARD time trying to find an air filter for my CX650 Custom. I'm thinking about switching over to pod filters. I searched through the forum but didn't find anything specific for the 650 (I'll keep looking though). I'm also running Emgo shorty mufflers rather than stock (they rusted out).

If I switch to pods what jet sizes should I start with considering pods and shorty mufflers? I still have the H-box on the bike.

While I have these carbs out and am doing a "Larry Cleaning" I'd like to get the right jets in there as well.

I have a filter thats in good shape that I'll sell you. Make an offer via PM.

TF

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wanted to add to this conversation and say what jetting and specs worked for my 1983 cx650C. I know this is an old thread but I couldn't find any posts that clearly stated what will work for running K&N Pod filters with aftermarket exhaust on this exact bike.

The needles were shimmed twice, the pilot jet is a 54, main jet is a 90, secondary main is a132. The fuel screw is at the stock position at 2.25 turns out from lightly seated.

I hope this helps someone who is having trouble finding 650 info on this mostly 500 forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts