Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cx650 that has a couple problems. The first was a leaking headgasket. Easy enough to diagnose and resolve. I figured since I was bored and really had no clue about the engine that I'd take it all apart and see the inner workings so I could get a better feel for it and make sure everything was in good working order. What I found is that overall it was a fairly clean bike engine. Common points of failure were in pretty good shape. The valves however were caked in carbon and weren't seating well. I cleaned everything up and gave them a good lapping. Since I was already in there I decided to go ahead and deal with the quad bypass that's recommended for the cx650. However, a casualty of my engine teardown and rebuild was thishttps://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cx-gl/piston-and-bore-lubrication-honda-cx650-gl650/ oil jet. It got crushed somehow. Because of where it sits in the engine, it had to have been a mishandling on my part because of where it failed. It couldn't have possibly happened during use. My issue is that this part is impossible to find. I'm turning to you guys to see if anyone has any old parts engines that might have one or a top secret cx gl website that I can find rare parts on. This oil jet was only used on the 650's and since to my knowledge it was only manufactured in 1983, parts are hard to come by if they were exclusive to to cx650. Thanks in advance if you have any info on where I could find this part. My engine rebuild is kind of boned without it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts