Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone have a cx650 electrical diagram that they would like to share. I would really appreciate some help finding one that someone doesn't want to get rich on.!

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
THIS is located in the Quick Reference from the drop io Stitch copied over to google docs.

HTH

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hey anyone have a cx650 electrical diagram that they would like to share. I would really appreciate some help finding one that someone doesn't want to get rich on.!
I take it you are looking for the CX650C diagram??? If so email me your email address and I will send it to you since the ones Don has posted doesn't include the CX650C.

I also just sent this diagram to Don to post there , so you may even want to check again before you send me your email address.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
I take it you are looking for the CX650C diagram??? If so email me your email address and I will send it to you since the ones Don has posted doesn't include the CX650C.

I also just sent this diagram to Don to post there , so you may even want to check again before you send me your email address.

Thanks Dave.

I don't know why I didn't have it because I obviously do somewhere since I have it posted here. 4th down.

http://globalcxglvtwins.hostingdelivered.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=176

But I uploaded it to the back up too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hey Thanks for the information!!!! I am also dealing with an issue that has for the moment eluded me.. When running with choke on both cylinders fire but with the choke off the left cylinder does not. I have installed new plugs and swapped them! I have swapped the coils... I have of course cleaned the carbs, no deb re found in the jets or bowl. The problem stays with the left cylinder, now I haven't adjusted the valves but I did inspect them and for the most part they seem perfectly fine! If I put my hand across the rear of the carb and restrict air such as the choke! the cylinder will fire. Short of doing a compression check I have almost exhausted my causes. The only suspect part on the carb that I still consider a maybe... is the air-cut diaphragm on the outboard side on the left carb, it is not in perfect condition and I am not entirely sure if that would even play a part. Also the float bowl does receive adequate fuel. So If you or anyone you might know might have encountered this problem I would greatly appreciate any insight to this subject. I have no history on this bike I bought it cheap out of an old barn.

Thanks again! Tim

·
Super Moderator
11,471 Posts
What year and type 650 is this? That would help. When you say put your hand behind the carb to choke it, do you have the stock arrangement with the airbox/filter side cover setup or is this running with modifications? That could be a big factor. These bikes (the CX in general) are notorious for having problems without the proper air intake setup. Even a slight modification can alter things drastically, and then other adjustments have to come in to play, such as jetting.

Kindly update your profile with your location and add your bike type/year to your signature line to help us help you better.

·
Registered
762 Posts
The CX650 FSM on the drop backup contains the wiring diagram as well - though it may be hard to read....

Since he said CX650, I can only assume it a CX not a GL.

Since he posted in this section, as opposed to the turbo, I'm guessing its a naturally aspirated CX650.

All are guesses though, hopefully he updates his profile as you suggested.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Suggest weak spark, had similar on my CX650 trike, turned out to be an ignitor box (little silver box, one for each cylinder) on its way out,

If you cannot source for the 650 found out that ones from the CB650 / 750 and 900 D.O.H.C are the same.

Hope this helps

Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What year and type 650 is this? That would help. When you say put your hand behind the carb to choke it, do you have the stock arrangement with the airbox/filter side cover setup or is this running with modifications? That could be a big factor. These bikes (the CX in general) are notorious for having problems without the proper air intake setup. Even a slight modification can alter things drastically, and then other adjustments have to come in to play, such as jetting.

Kindly update your profile with your location and add your bike type/year to your signature line to help us help you better.

The stock air filter system was on board, no discrepancies, currently the air filter system is removed for troubleshooting, but... the symptoms are consistent.This problem resides solely on the left cylinder. I am suspect of the air cut valve but to swap this I will need to remove carbs again for access. Short of preforming a compression test, I have eliminated just all possible suspects. If the compression test reveals a solid conclusion that the cylinder is preforming as required, I will be singling out a carb!!!!!

Hey thanks again! for your input... I have an 1985odyssey, 1981z50r, 1970 ct70, and a 1999 xl650r as well. I do all my own work on them , and they all preform flawlessly!

This bike is a little bit different and I was looking for quirks that it might have, to bad the air filter system isn't one of them today

·
Registered
313 Posts
cool, a couple diagram I missed, thanks por the post!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suggest weak spark, had similar on my CX650 trike, turned out to be an ignitor box (little silver box, one for each cylinder) on its way out,

If you cannot source for the 650 found out that ones from the CB650 / 750 and 900 D.O.H.C are the same.

Hope this helps

Rick

Hey Rick thanks for the info , the carbs seem to be the major problems, now it running on both cylinders! I did a compression test warm 125 & 120 not the best but it has 19000 on the bike. I will look into the ignitors.I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks again ! Tim

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Hey Rick thanks for the info , the carbs seem to be the major problems, now it running on both cylinders! I did a compression test warm 125 & 120 not the best but it has 19000 on the bike. I will look into the ignitors.I'll keep ya posted.

Thanks again ! Tim

That compression is fine. So don't worry.

I have 65,000 on my bike and am sitting at about 100 per cylinder.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That compression is fine. So don't worry.

I have 65,000 on my bike and am sitting at about 100 per cylinder.

So get this that night we did the compression test and put the carbs and air filter system back together. seemed to run fine . Now it is not starting and I have intermittent firing on the plug, that is I have the plug turning and occasional spark. So I will look into the engine kill switch . Guess its time to buy the manual so I can test all the systems:: ))

Thanks again for letting me vent!!! lol Tim

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Hope this helps

Rick

hey those ignitors you found, were they off the same yr or newer models??

Tim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.