Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently parting out an 82' Honda CX500TC Turbo.

This is a link to my eBay store where I will be listing all of the parts with full descriptions of conditions.

If you would like any parts, reply to this thread and message me with an offer. We could do the sale outside of eBay to avoid the fees and such.

Thank you.

Here is a picture of when I first received it. Very dirty but has been cleaned up since, and every part gets cleaned individually.
NO, I DO NOT HAVE THE TURBO.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
So this guy joins us to sell us parts as a non-paying vendor. He mentions his Ebay store and then suggests that you can buy stuff away from Ebay to save (him) fees. It also takes away your buyer protection as well. I am never a champion for the big guy, but I do endorse playing by the rules and a sense of fair play.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh and his prices are sky high!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Prices are higher on eBay to accommodate for the fees and such on my end. The listings on eBay are OBO so everyone has the option of asking their price. Buying on the side saves the buyer money because they avoid sales tax and such.

Great looking turbos in your profile picture btw.

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not that if spent a long time outside...things can spend a long time outside without being hurt, especially in Texas...but it spent a LONG time outside with the plugs out and the exhaust off. I have a suspicion that the compressor failed and sent debris into the intake, but who knows. I had an acquaintance go and check it out but passed.

Things are worth what people are willing to pay for them, though. Good luck.
Agreed. Are you located in Texas aswell?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Yes, it did sit outside. But in all honesty, everything has cleaned up really nicely.

Take it from someone who restores these bikes... Those parts are trashed..

Look at the windscreen. You can't fix that. It's so bad you can't see through it...no matter how hard you try, you can't make that clear again..

The other parts are the same way....

People buying the CXT fit into 2 categories
1)collector
2)looking for rider

Collector - This group would just cringe at that bike...
Rider - They buy complete bikes with around 20K for 1,000.00

Now look at the prices you are asking for your parts..
If you had NOS parts, you would get your prices.

I've rebuilt these bikes from the ground up, but you have to start with good, clean, solid, parts, or you are just wasting your time.

Good luck..

PK

·
Registered
611 Posts
FYI - I picked up my last CX500T for free from the original owner with 19K. Bike never sat outside and is clean:

·
Registered
208 Posts
His prices are completely irrelevant. Parts are worth what people will pay for them and there's nothing wrong with trying to maximize a return on your investment. The only real relevant thing here, and I tried to point this out earlier by posting the link to the facebook listing, is that he just bought this bike from someone who had it laying on it's side, outside in the weather, with the exhaust manifold off and engine open to the elements, yet he's selling the parts in his eBay ads as "coming from a running bike".

The dude made an account here only to sell parts that he's misrepresenting. Even if it's a small misrepresentation...I mean who cares if the side cover was on a running bike and no one buys 40 year old forks and thinks "I won't have to rebuild these at all"...but if you're willing to make that blatant "little" lie to people who know better, imagine what you're willing to tell the people who don't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All my prices on eBay have been based on completed listings in the past and the current listings. The reason I put "came off a running bike" is because the obvious reason this bike isn't running is that it was missing the turbo and exhaust. The motor is shot, but the computer and other engine components that I have listed are not.

When I say these parts have cleaned up nicely, I mean that the plastics/metal are solid still, they just had dust and grime on them from sitting.

Like I said prices are obo, so the buyer has the chance of getting them at a lower price.

Thanks for your input though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, only just seen this thread.
I bought parts from this guy and would happily recommend him as a trustworthy (and reasonably priced) seller. He's also active and helpful on a few facebook cx groups.
Of course we are all entitled to our opinions.

·
Registered
469 Posts
FYI - I picked up my last CX500T for free from the original owner with 19K. Bike never sat outside and is clean:

/

so between this post about getting it for free and your above post that a 20,000 mile Rider is $1000, When can I pick it up for $1000????? LOL, No disrespect intended😇

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts