Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
I HAVE 4 1982 CX500 TURBO
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY BIKE HAS A PROBLEM . WHEN YOU TURN THE KEY ON THE FUEL PUMP HAS 40 LB AND STARTS FOR 2 SECONDS AND 0 LB PRESSURE IT MUST BE A PRESSURE RETAY OR SWITCH I HAVE A PARTS BIKE AND A BIKE THAT RUNS IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE ITS LOCATED AND A PART # IT SURE WOULD HELP IF YOU NEED PARTS I HAVE A LOT. PHONE OR TEX 1 916 332 6477 RITCHIE

·
Super Moderator
5,877 Posts

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,459 Posts
No need to shout.
It's difficult to read and less likely to get a response from the folks with the experience you're hoping to tap.

·
Super Moderator
5,877 Posts
No need to shout.
It's difficult to read and less likely to get a response from the folks with the experience you're hoping to tap.
Punctuation would help too.

·
Registered
421 Posts
it makes me giggle whenever old people post their cell phone numbers online and then wonder why they get spam calls 24/7 lmao

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
Important : did it work before ? or did you change something ?

The fuel pump works so the relay is just fine

Does the fuel system light come on ? if so which error on the ECU ?

·
Registered
635 Posts
No need to shout.
Some people are not as internet savy as you are Randall, LOL. Maybe the caps lock key was just stuck on.

·
Registered
635 Posts
To be honest, I do not know if he is looking for advice or trying to sell parts???

I cannot properly interpret the paragraph he wrote.

Maybe its just me,

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ritchie, THe computer for this bike is located in the tail section and the bike has some built in diagnostics. If you slip the computer out of the tail section, and go through the startup and running procedure, there are some LEDS on the side of the computer. If you report back which lights are on, Solid, or blinking or whatever, Either you or one of us could look up the fault code in the manual. THis might be a good place to start.

·
Registered
635 Posts
There could be something that the computer is detecting and after your bike runs for a short time, the computer shuts down the fuel pump. If there is a code displayed, it will at least tell us what the computer thinks is the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts