Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So this is the 2nd time I have had the bottom end go out on this bike. 1st time was when the bike was bought(reason for sale).
I then did a full rebuild tested the oil pump, cleared oil passages, replaces the crankshaft, connecting rods and connecting rod
bearings, pistons and piston rings. 150psi + - 5 depending on the day. She ran like a top for 1000miles all over town not pushing
it too hard. Then last week major power loss on the highway. Got off and ever since the bike will not produce any power past idle.

--Is there anyone with a donor Crankshaft/connecting rod set (with bearings)?? or just connecting rod bearings size B??
--I am based in Los Angeles if anyone is local or can pay for having it shipped. Would be very grateful.

This is my only real means of transportation and I am looking to fix this asap!

Thank you in advance to anyone able to help,

-Ellington

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the bike diagnosed and its something in the bottom end. There is a rattle now and it runs very clunky.

·
Super Moderator
23,402 Posts
Rod bearings for size B crank journals are available from David silvers.

With the work just done it doesn't sound like it should need anything.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I had the bike diagnosed and its something in the bottom end. There is a rattle now and it runs very clunky.
"diagnosed" means:
Compression test, (LeakDowntest), ignition test, checked if metal flakes are in/on the oil filter, cam chain tensioner, coolant in the radiator.....
...all these things You can do with engine in frame.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts