Honda CX 500 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
if you are under 5 foot 9 then a cx650 custom with a set of my carbs will put a permanent grin on your face
Hi Murray. I have a CX 500 with a worked 650 in it. It has a CBX 750 front end and loves the corners fast or slow. But the CV carbs are shit and was told maybe 34 or 36 mil Mikunis would help. When I first got it it would pull away from a gsx1000 and never be over taken but the carbs seem to be starving the engine now of fuel and was wondering what carbs you have.

·
Super Moderator
5,339 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok Murray. I am not sure what I am going to do with the bike yet. If anything just a track day bike because where I live in Kalgoorlie there are no roads suitable to get any excitement out of this Bike. It is Harley Davidson country here ,long straight and not many corners and to top it off too many police so it is not worth riding on the road here. It has been sitting in the shed for the last 15 years and not ridden and I was just watching some of those amazing custom CX hondas and I sort of got the want to do something with the bike. it has the old CV carbs which are not working properly last time I rode the bike. They were starving the engine. It has a 2 into I exhaust with just replica staintune style muffler. I am still not sure what I am going to do because I am 69 now but still in good nick. I used to race a long time ago on a Honda 500 four. This bike was built to scrap in the hills but that is just to dangerous now. So if I decide to do anything it would be a track day bike only.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok Murray. I am not sure what I am going to do with the bike yet. If anything just a track day bike because where I live in Kalgoorlie there are no roads suitable to get any excitement out of this Bike. It is Harley Davidson country here ,long straight and not many corners and to top it off too many police so it is not worth riding on the road here. It has been sitting in the shed for the last 15 years and not ridden and I was just watching some of those amazing custom CX hondas and I sort of got the want to do something with the bike. it has the old CV carbs which are not working properly last time I rode the bike. They were starving the engine. It has a 2 into I exhaust with just replica staintune style muffler. I am still not sure what I am going to do because I am 69 now but still in good nick. I used to race a long time ago on a Honda 500 four. This bike was built to scrap in the hills but that is just to dangerous now. So if I decide to do anything it would be a track day bike only.
was this meant to be a PM?

·
Administrator
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,672 Posts
Naked GL650 with the tall trunk for a backrest = power and comfort.

Charles.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I "nakeded" my GL650 Interstate and lost about 40 pounds or so of ugly fairing and other stuff.
I can ride it all day no problem but I do miss that quiet bubble of still air that the OEM fairing provided.
So pick your poison I guess.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The original owner of my cx650e had the dealer put on the full GL fairing and hondaline luggage bags. I did like the highway bubble but decided to nakid it with the stock mini fairing and added a smallish windshield. Now just a little buffeting depending on wind direction. Then made a dog carrier and installed a dog. The sun actually made an appearance today and we went for a ride. (I'm keeping the boat fairing just in case I want the bubble back).
Tire Plant Wheel Motor vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
2021 Benelli Leoncino - 2017 CSC RX3 - 2017 SSR Buccaneer 250i - 1979 CX650 Street Scrambler
1,672 Posts
650 motor in a 500 chassis with modern tires and murray's carbs is a whole lot of fun.

Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Vehicle

Charles.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts