Honda CX 500 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Just like to thank everyone for their vote on the Carol Nash Built in Britain competition. So much so I won it!!!
I was presented with the first prize from World Super Bike ace Jonathan Rea.
Here's the write up from Carol Nash who organized the competition Going, going, gone for the top spot | Insidebikes | Carole Nash
The bike is currently on show at the Motorcycle Live until the 1st of December at the NEC in Birmingham.
I got my hands on some Carol Nash calendars, I will randomly pick 5 people who PM me their name and address I will post them out to you at the end of the next week!!
Once again thank you all so much for your support.
Gavin Clarke and J Rea 1.jpg winner 1.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nivagc,

Very nice... 10/10 - Have you posted a library of pictures of the build (photobucket, etc.). I think many would be interested in seeing the bike come to life.

Excellent work!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good day

I would really appreciate if you could go into detail on how you fitted the suspension and what year you took it from i was looking in BMW's direction for the swing arm but im looking at R45000 just for the rear set up? i am really impressed with you outcome and see the direction you were going in excellent execution in my option.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
24,203 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
As for the next build..........I want to keep it a secret, but here's a sneak peek
View attachment 4116
Wait. Wait. Wait!!!?..... :confusion: All these pages and somehow everyone skips this?... with out not so much as a question... I count 8 carbs there and the frame seems like a motorcycle esc .. Can we just get a shot of the motor or some more info?:dontknow::icon_thumbright: Great build though. Followed you on D.T.T. This bike could inspire a blind man to see.. Just simply amazing.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I've had heaps of people asking about the rear end and set up.
So I've decided to do a rear end special! Excuse the expression!
I’m back at work over in Saudi at the moment for the next five weeks, bummer (I’m at it again!)
I’ll try to post as much as I can over the next five weeks as well as pictures I’ll also try and answer as many questions as I can, but I’m no expert and tend to make things up as I go along!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Wait. Wait. Wait!!!?..... :confusion: All these pages and somehow everyone skips this?... with out not so much as a question... I count 8 carbs there and the frame seems like a motorcycle esc .. Can we just get a shot of the motor or some more info?:dontknow::icon_thumbright: Great build though. Followed you on D.T.T. This bike could inspire a blind man to see.. Just simply amazing.

Well aren’t we the eagle eyed one!
Yes this is my next build.
Two FZR250 engines bolted together to make a V8 500!
But you’ll have to wait for that as you can see from my last post I’m going to be busy over the next few weeks.
There is a long story with this one so please bear with me.

$(KGrHqNHJDcFDZt-RBR,BRtkPP)VR!~~60_12.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
for those of you dying to try to copy this lol

gavin is very busy showing the bike as you can read here and he has yet to road test it

here is his build thread
Must see CX500. Never mind the dogs bollocks, what about the muts nuts! - page 1 - Cafe Racers - DO THE TON

Murray was right......I’ve been flat out with the bike over in Birmingham.
After the win I was call by a lady from Harrison Billet (Harrison Billet - performance motorcycle brakes )who has invited me to show my bike and entre the London Custom Bike Championships Custom Zone
As part of the entry terms I had to show that the bike was capable of running under it’s own steam!
It was the only dry day I had and as there is no MOT or tax on the bike I did a run up me path!
Living life on the edge just like in Easy Rider!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
That is a true stunner!

If you ever take it over the Raven Cafe on a Thursday, let me know! I'd love to see it in the flesh.

Top work, you should be proud. :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well aren’t we the eagle eyed one!
Yes this is my next build.
Two FZR250 engines bolted together to make a V8 500!
But you’ll have to wait for that as you can see from my last post I’m going to be busy over the next few weeks.
There is a long story with this one so please bear with me.

View attachment 6881
That looks and sounds like an amazing task!!.. Sir I will gladly wait as long as it takes to learn more about it.:)
Good luck on the job and keep us posted..

·
Registered
499 Posts
wow very sick build. amazing. and the sound is amazing too. congrats on all the wins I'm sure many will follow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Nivagc - Thank you for posting your motorcycle rebuild. It truly is a beautiful piece! I am in the process of my own cafe rebuild on a 1982 Honda CM450C. I am doing a single swing arm from a Honda NT650 Hawk, a VFR750 rear axle and wheel, CBR600RR front forks and wheel, and a Yamaha R6 rear monoshock. Quite the tall task, but I'm plowing through the issues one by one!

I am writing to you to ask you a question about the front brakes. Obviously the front forks I am using from the 2006 CBR600RR has dual front brakes. And as much as I will be improving the performance of my CM450C motorcycle, I will never need that much stopping power. I am in between two option for this. I could leave the dual front brakes as is, and save myself the trouble. Or, I could take one of the calipers and rotors off and decrease the unsprung and rotational weights.

The reason I am writing to you specifically, is because it appears as though you went with a single-disc front brake with the front forks from a Ducati Monster. Did the Monster front forks come with dual front brakes and you removed one side? Could you offer me any advice in this effort??? Anyone else, feel free to chime in as well...

Thank you!
Jared

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi Nivagc - Thank you for posting your motorcycle rebuild. It truly is a beautiful piece! I am in the process of my own cafe rebuild on a 1982 Honda CM450C. I am doing a single swing arm from a Honda NT650 Hawk, a VFR750 rear axle and wheel, CBR600RR front forks and wheel, and a Yamaha R6 rear monoshock. Quite the tall task, but I'm plowing through the issues one by one!

I am writing to you to ask you a question about the front brakes. Obviously the front forks I am using from the 2006 CBR600RR has dual front brakes. And as much as I will be improving the performance of my CM450C motorcycle, I will never need that much stopping power. I am in between two option for this. I could leave the dual front brakes as is, and save myself the trouble. Or, I could take one of the calipers and rotors off and decrease the unsprung and rotational weights.

The reason I am writing to you specifically, is because it appears as though you went with a single-disc front brake with the front forks from a Ducati Monster. Did the Monster front forks come with dual front brakes and you removed one side? Could you offer me any advice in this effort??? Anyone else, feel free to chime in as well...

Thank you!
Jared
If you have twin front disks why not use them? Sure you can reduce the unsprung weight but the suspension should be setup to deal with this weight anyway and if the front end is designed for two disks then keep them. One of the best things about swapping to a modern front end is the massive improvement in braking and for me the main driver behind it.

Cheers
Steve

81 - 100 of 119 Posts