·
Registered
481 Posts
Here is one option..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw that as a last option. My worry is the whole assembly is very heavy, and if it ends up getting tossed about during shipment it may damage the disc. At some point if nothing is out there I will ask him if he is willing to sell disc only.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Saw that as a last option. My worry is the whole assembly is very heavy, and if it ends up getting tossed about during shipment it may damage the disc. At some point if nothing is out there I will ask him if he is willing to sell disc only.
You can always send the disk out for resurfacing. I have used this guy in the past "Truedisk LLC" Quick turn around and good service.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Elodicater, If they regrind the disk it is getting thinner and could passing the safety thickness. Think this can only be done with disks that are in good shape and thickness. I have a rear disk which measured 6,1 mm. Safety is 6 mm so there is not much playground.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already had the Truedisk regrind. Didn't solve the problem as I had hoped. Problem is my rotor is warped or bent in such a way that there is a significant rub against the brakes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think I have few. But I'm not living in the States, so you may need to pay more shipping fee.
In need of a serviceable rear disc. Anyone have one they are willing to sell?? Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
An Australian firm metalgear.com.au makes good replacement rear disks for the EC and Turbo models. With the woeful exchange rate $A to $US they should be cheap as chips for you blokes in the US.

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
You can ask him if he can send the thickness. I think this one is far out off spec. Don't buy.
Strange wheel rim, never seen one like that.
Thanks. So you think I'm a person who would sell a junk part, huh? Strange wheel? I may be the only one in the world who made 18-front 18-rear dimensioned CX500-turbo. I feel very sad for your comment.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry for hurting your feelings, not my intention, but on the pictures you have send I can see the disk is worn out bad.
Why didn't you give the measurements because then you can see if it's good or not. Measure in the middle and not on the edge. Less than 6 mm is error.
I'm curious to hear

·
Registered
178 Posts

Let me know what you have & price. Shipping is not a problem.
One guy blaming on me. He says I'm an as*hole who cheat you and sell a junk part. I measured it again and certified the rear rotor is not reaching minimum thickness. If I have a brand new or in mint condition, I can offer that.

Sorry, I don't. And I'm not proposing rip off price.

But under this circumstance, it may hard to trade in frank. I hope you could find nice part in cheap price tag in somewhere. I am considering this matter for years, so I'm planning making floating rotor support like as I done for front rotors.

Good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts