Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all I'm going to be building struts for my cx500. I want to lower the rear end as much as possible but I know that you cant go too crazy given its a shaft drive. Does anybody have any suggestions for how long I should make my struts, again I want to go as low as possible. Also what size round stock do you think I should use for my struts.

Thanks,

11setth

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my cx650 my struts are 10.5 inches long (center hole to center hole). It dropped my bike a total of 8 inches. The shaft was a pain in the ass to get mounted, but fits fine now that it is done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey man. I too was looking to drop mine. I decided to try wooden dowl rods first to find the exact height and my main pic shows the bike at 8.5 hole to hole. Too low. The drive shaft ends up sitting in a slight v upward. 9.5 inches will keep the driveshaft and the motor completely parallel to the ground. Also if you havent seen it, check out lowbrow customs. They sell the Biltwell 10 in struts for $100. If you wanna make your own just look at theirs and get an idea on what you'll need. Hope I was a lil help. Im fixin to drop my front end 1.5 inches this weekend. Want it LOW!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts