Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started this about a month ago. Its almost done now. Just trim front fender paint and headlight. I also added a picture of it before I started. Let me know what u think

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,845 Posts
That's looking really good. Nice and low. I would like to see a picture of the triple tree extension. Nice work so far.

Oh yea, Welcome to the forum. Keep the pics coming and give us a bit of history on what you have done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I cut the front stretched it out to about a 43° rake and then plated it with 1/3" plate then rand a strenght bar inside the stock tube. Drilled some holes and rosebud welded them in. I cut the rear out and built a hole new back half and hard tailed it. Built new exhaust, painted the tank and built new bars. I should have the little stuff done and on the road this weekend .

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
lol my girlfriend spotted that notorius foot again in that last pic all i could do is laugh

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sold the fairing about a week after I took it off I think. Only have side covers and rear fender with light left. And thanks I love the way this bike has came out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love the way this bike has came out.

Looks freakin awesome Frank! When you have it done post another pic with you riding it. That will be the last touch to an impressive build.

Also, I don't see anything "Rat" about it. Looks nice and clean to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
See I said that same thing to my friend and he keeps saying its a rat but I really don't know. Bobber/chopper???? Anyways thanks. I will post more pics when I get on my computer later today

·
Registered
125 Posts
See I said that same thing to my friend and he keeps saying its a rat but I really don't know. Bobber/chopper???? Anyways thanks. I will post more pics when I get on my computer later today

It's a motorcycle that much is for sure.

Rat bikes (to me) mean cosmetics are not considered during the build, only whether it functions or not. So those rusted or flat black looking bikes with no attention to detail missed are not rat bikes. They intentionally made their bikes look that way. I guess you have to call them something though.

= rat bike to me

= not a rat bike to me

·
Registered
724 Posts
mouse bike? maybe? mighty mouse bike? mines a "rat" bike in the way that Janet Reno is a woman. technically but not at first glance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't care what people are gunna call it I just know your not walkin intoa hd store and coming out with something this custom... haha

·
Registered
851 Posts
It's a chopper. I like it, very nice chopper. I feel you got the porportions just right. The profile makes almost a perfect isosceles triangle, from axle to steering head and steeting head to the other axle. A bobber is not an extended and/or raked front end. To "bob" means to cut short. In the 1920's women used to "bob" their hair when short hair styles were the trend. After WWII a bobber in motorcycle terms was just to cut down what was already there but was too big and heavy to be fast or cool. Two cents. Would that be a "bobbed" nickel?

One more thing I'll bet it's a soft riding rigid bike. I say that because of the rear layout. It looks like the "swingarm" is still a swingarm but with the solid angled upper tube. However it's the only rigid tube in the rear and the last six inches (estimate) is a solo support, cantalevered so to say. The tube will act as a soft rigid how soft will depend on what tubing you used? I like that feature too.

Cheers, 50gary

·
Registered
38 Posts
I Dig it!!!!!!! The Tank looks Good ............ And agreed i would like to see pics of you on it!!! I'm thinking about doing some handle bars like yours mine are a little 2 low

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok I need some help now. I am tryin to wire this bike back up and now I can't get it to do anything.I have a diagram but can't weem to get it to turn over or even kick. Is there something I'm doing wronge or has anyone done this before and can tell me what I need todo... thanks if so id like if u could email me @ [email protected] thanks all

·
Registered
14 Posts
Frank. Love the build! I'm think about doing the same chassis modifications but with a little less rake and just some different stuff, fake oil bag for wiring and maybe if budget can hang, a springer. I was wondering if I could get some better pictures and details of your hardtail, I did sturts and they aren't as glamorous as I hoped. Thanks for the great add to the forum

1 - 20 of 30 Posts