Honda CX 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well Mrs Lincoln, other than the last few minutes - how did you like the play?...

:eek:
As a caution, witworth has nearly put caferacer.net under. He's a freaking virus, please do not let his presence here grow...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Water off a ducks back as they say. Moving on...making a small box to go under the headlight to house some of the electrical. Going old school in metal bending...Used two pieces of shelving supports cut the nubs off drilled it out thr the bench and it worked like a charm. Only the latest technology here! LOL! photo 245.jpg photo 246.jpg View attachment 14794

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
A safe engineering virus , that could be dangerous.

Danger, is my business.
Just don't be a penis here. It's a much different environment.

·
Registered
24,297 Posts
hide a chunk of leather on the inside it will be fine i had a bad experience once with that same part on one i made and didnt get quite right

it involved a pot hole some smoke a trailer and some re wiring but that was a lot of years ago !!!! part of the learning curve

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love this build so far! Did you have to pay a lot for the CBR front end?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Thx Fonzie much appreciated. I got lucky on the RR front end...bought it for $400 off of CL.
They typically go for much more $$

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Excellent progress. Looking great.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey there, I just saw that you mentioned this:
"Next build I'm definitely going with this style fabrication to raise the seat keep the 2 shocks ... my monoshock project has been a pain in the balls!"

Can you elaborate? I've made plans partially based on your gorgeous bike, and I'd love to know what some of the pitfalls might be!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #60 (Edited)
Sorry for the delayed response chaetophile ...Been busy and just haven't been on the forum in a few weeks. Thanks for kudos... much appreciated. So to elaborate on my monoshock "been a pain in the balls" comment.... it really comes down to time, money, more money, and effort.
On one hand, I'm very pleased with the way the bike is coming along and it's rewarding to see the plan come together. I wanted to do this style monoshock which I haven't seen on a CX500 before (at least to my knowledge it hasn't been done).
As I'm sure you know, anytime you try something new there's just no plans or directions.... so there's a lot of time spent planning, doing, undoing, and re-doing....and with that comes time & money.
I'm doing the project because I enjoy it and wanted the challenge. However, the time & money aspect I had underestimated. Obviously, if I do another monoshock like this one it'll be much easier the 2nd time around. I had originally considered the design I commented on (raising the seat/change frame while keeping the 2 shocks) which I think still looks good and would be much easier & faster. However, time, money and effort aside....I'm happy I went with the monoshock...It looks cool, has a great stance and is completely functional.
I've made progress on the bike (specifically the frame/monoshock) and will be posting some new pics shortly. The biggest problem was finding a shock that would fit and function correctly. With that now resolved, I can keep the build moving forward.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts