Water off a ducks back as they say. Moving on...making a small box to go under the headlight to house some of the electrical. Going old school in metal bending...Used two pieces of shelving supports cut the nubs off drilled it out thr the bench and it worked like a charm. Only the latest technology here! LOL!
View attachment 14794
Sorry for the delayed response chaetophile ...Been busy and just haven't been on the forum in a few weeks. Thanks for kudos... much appreciated. So to elaborate on my monoshock "been a pain in the balls" comment.... it really comes down to time, money, more money, and effort.
On one hand, I'm very pleased with the way the bike is coming along and it's rewarding to see the plan come together. I wanted to do this style monoshock which I haven't seen on a CX500 before (at least to my knowledge it hasn't been done).
As I'm sure you know, anytime you try something new there's just no plans or directions.... so there's a lot of time spent planning, doing, undoing, and re-doing....and with that comes time & money.
I'm doing the project because I enjoy it and wanted the challenge. However, the time & money aspect I had underestimated. Obviously, if I do another monoshock like this one it'll be much easier the 2nd time around. I had originally considered the design I commented on (raising the seat/change frame while keeping the 2 shocks) which I think still looks good and would be much easier & faster. However, time, money and effort aside....I'm happy I went with the monoshock...It looks cool, has a great stance and is completely functional.
I've made progress on the bike (specifically the frame/monoshock) and will be posting some new pics shortly. The biggest problem was finding a shock that would fit and function correctly. With that now resolved, I can keep the build moving forward.