Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have been looking around for some black 33mm clip on handlebars for my CX500 project (UK based). I have found a couple of examples on eBay from China, however I have heard a few people say never buy products from there - (although I am fairly certain the UK ebayers source their parts from there regardless.) There are a couple of UK based bars that are more expensive and have design flaws that I am not convinced I am fond of...

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 23.48.59.png

(From the UK apparently) look very likely to snap on account of the holes in the clamps, plus I have never heard of a brand called Tarazon

99% of similar (if not better looking) products are from China.. such as these

Screen Shot 2017-03-24 at 23.53.34.png

So the question is to go for them or avoid them like the plague?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have a set of the second ones pictured on another bike I have and love them. Been running them for about 2 years now with no issues. I even dropped the bike the other week in a no speed fall and they have no damage.

Most of my other bike is from Chinabay and overall no real issues. I have a brake master cylinder that leaks a little from the top, but a new gasket fixed that. I've also had some turn signals that were ok, but my other ones are great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys! I'm going to go for the second ones :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
I also have the 2nd ones, look great, it's probably just milled Aluminium, probably as good as anything else made from the same material.

The quality of the clip ons is really good. There aren't any machine marks on them, it's a smooth finish. Looks like it's been powder coated.

Very safe buy IMO.

·
Registered
114 Posts
can you provide the link for the second pair? I think I might buy a set based on all of your positive reviews

1 - 8 of 8 Posts