Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Log into Facebook"

Is this a big or little project? Odd thing is I may be going down that way to pick up a frame for my 48 Willys, I really should not buy it, LOL Someone needs to pinch me, Got way to many bikes. I lost count, LOL I think I am north of 25 of them. My latest trend is picking up enduros.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No idea why it says log into facebook, LOL I tried fixing it, and it all changed to like ISLAMIC FONT. I pasted the above as plain text, It is on facebook marketplace and I am logged into facebook. Hope the link works for ya all.\

Maybe an ADMIN can tell me what is going on here.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The add says there is only 3600 miles on it.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Hmmm...the advert says CB500F Burgundy in colour....hard to see the colour under the "vintage dust".....but she looks like a CX
Each bike is a step toward "Leno-ism"......

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,108 Posts
Definitely a CX Deluxe, but no way to know the condition under all the dust from one obscure photo. It very likely could live again.

·
Registered
1982 GL500 81 BMW R100 2010 HD E-GLIDE
716 Posts
"Log into Facebook"

Is this a big or little project? Odd thing is I may be going down that way to pick up a frame for my 48 Willys, I really should not buy it, LOL Someone needs to pinch me, Got way to many bikes. I lost count, LOL I think I am north of 25 of them. My latest trend is picking up enduros.
If close take a look-if you decide not to play with it somebody here in the Twin Cities will take it off your hands. Paul

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
I don't either, but I can see the photos, at least.

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
I find it annoying that so much has moved to FB Marketplace, but it does keep me from buying more stuff I don't need.

• Haha
Reactions: D-Fresh

·
Registered
375 Posts
I find it annoying that so much has moved to FB Marketplace, but it does keep me from buying more stuff I don't need.
facebook has a broader audience than forums ever will. craigslist shot themselves in the foot when they implemented a listing fee, even if its only $5. ebay sucks ass due to their constant fees and inability to have gratification within a few hours...

thats why i think fb marketplace is so big right now--instant gratification.

plus, there are some forums that lock the classifieds behind account posting requirements, which is understandable to keep bots out, but it also keeps out new / perspective buyers.

forums are nice for finding niche parts though.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Yes, i find it truly annoying that everything has moved to FB. I don't have an account and don't plan to unless something changes. It leaves out people that don't have an account which is a bummer. :confused:

·
Registered
1981 Honda GL500i
40 Posts
Vintage Aluminum boats and outboards, and now motorcycles are the only reason I use FB. Then add Marketplace, ot makes it tough to ignore.

Surprising how hard it is to get in touch w some sellers on FB, Marketplace and Craigs sometimes, quite often actually....

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, the jeep frame I was looking at got sold, so I wont be heading that way anytiime soon. Was gonna shoot him a lower offer if I was headed that way. Randall is right, it is hard to say what lies underneath that dust. That was the only pic available. WIth only 3600 miles, could be a decent find if engine is free. Might be worth a look if your in that area, Maybe you would be lucky and take a spray hose to it and get one of those brand new looking bikes, LOL. I am usually not that lucky.

What you can see is the blinkers are nice and straight and not droopy, the fork ears look straight and unbent, andthe fender looks smooth. Hard to say for sure, but the forks look like they may not be pitted up.

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
I hadn't known that CL implemented a listing fee. I haven't listed there in quite a while.
I used to use it to advertise the Spring Ride. Might have recruited a couple members to this forum.
One year, some jerk kept flagging my ad because it wasn't a bike or parts for sale. Didn't think I'd reach my target audience in the Personals section.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I didn't know all items had a listing fee? I know when i went to list my daughters beater car it was like $5 or $10. I assumed it was because car dealerships comprise 3/4 of the car ads in my area.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I hadn't known that CL implemented a listing fee. I haven't listed there in quite a while.
I used to use it to advertise the Spring Ride. Might have recruited a couple members to this forum.
One year, some jerk kept flagging my ad because it wasn't a bike or parts for sale. Didn't think I'd reach my target audience in the Personals section.
I didn't know all items had a listing fee? I know when i went to list my daughters beater car it was like $5 or $10. I assumed it was because car dealerships comprise 3/4 of the car ads in my area.
There is a fee for listing cars. I'm not sure if they have the fee for all of CL. It was their way of keeping most spam bots from flooding the automotive section.

·
Registered
1980 Honda cx500 custom
267 Posts
From what I have seen with craigslist is there is a 5$ charge for listing a motorcycle for sale, motorcycle parts for sale are still free. That is why you see motorcycles for sale listed under motorcycle parts for sale. Paul

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
There is a fee for listing cars. I'm not sure if they have the fee for all of CL. It was their way of keeping most spam bots from flooding the automotive section.
It doesn't appear to have helped.

·
Registered
12,108 Posts
From what I have seen with craigslist is there is a 5$ charge for listing a motorcycle for sale, motorcycle parts for sale are still free. That is why you see motorcycles for sale listed under motorcycle parts for sale. Paul
They need to charge for the dozens of identical "I buy motorcycles" ads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts