Honda CX 500 Forum banner

CX500 Air Box Removal?

15K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  TommyW 
#1 ·
hello, im new here and ive been searching around a little bit and cannot seem to find anything about removing the airbox itself. i am interested in installing pod filters and i just wanted to see if anybody would be able to help me with removing the airbox; what exactly is the easiest way of going about doing this? i took a look around the airbox and im not exactly sure what all i need to do to get it off. any help would be great, thanks! :D

#4 · (Edited)
to remove the air box "properly" sigh

take the hoses off the air box from under the bike at least one of them will leak mystery sludge down your arm

take the top off the air box by undoing the 3 million little phillips screws

remove the 3 10mm head bolts that hold the support plate to the frame so it drops down i know you will try it with out doing this but it wont work !

undo and remove the rubber intake boots from the air box

take the air box out of the frame

do the 3 bolts up that hold the support plat back try to remember to put the battery ground back on

undo the front bolt again because you forgot the !@#$%ing ground cable and your bike wont start and put the cable back

have a beer and think about why you didnt use the sawsall like i do

#13 ·
It shows that he has been using the search function and it adds something for others who also use the search function.

#14 ·
I will have a beer and forget about it!!!!!!:scratch: What did he say ????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.