Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to get a CX, it seems to tick all the boxes of what I want from a bike. It looks like the E or Eurosports model is a much better bike but the seat looks a bit narrow and I can't imagine that it is comfortable for touring. The older standard CX500 seat on the other hand looks perfect, but having never ridden either I am just guessing!

Thanks for any help deciding

Dave

·
Super Moderator
1,335 Posts
Don't know if this helps, but I have a '79 CX500 Deluxe. (Almost identical seat to the Standard) It almost feels like I'm straddling a couch when I sit on it. It is comfortable, but if you have a short inseam it might feel a bit wide.

Sent from my LIFETAB_P733X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have a skinny arse so with my Euro seat,which I found a bit hard after a couple of hours riding,I made the following mod.-I removed the seat cover down one side and peeled it back to expose the foam-I sat on the bike and marked with a sharpie where my two bum bones touched the foam-I cut out the two holes in the foam where the marks were with a 50mm hole saw-I then glued in two 50mm diam pieces of soft foam into the holes and replaced the cover.The net result is that the seat still has great support outside of my bum bones,but nice and comfy inside.I find I can travel great distances in comfort now.

·
Registered
745 Posts
CAM00320-2.jpg I've ridden and owned both. I prefer the euro actually over the deluxe. It is a bit higher I believe and has a similar arm position. The deluxe is dished out somewhat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That kind of confirms what I thought that the wider seat of the standard would be more comfortable. Interesting idea to make a 'bone sink' in the seat, you ought to patent that one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts