Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my wife and I are watching "House of Cards" a British mini series (and I'm reading the forum at the same time) when I caught a cx500 in the background. I took a pic with my cell phone. Anyone else spot any of these bikes in other movies or tv shows?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
This came up on the old list a couple times.

There is an English Series on DVD (I got it at the local library) called Ruth Rendell Mysteries, "The Master of the Moor" episode prominently features a CX. The CX is rather abused, but comes through like a champ.

There are a few CX's in the http://www.imcdb.org

A cameo for a Custom in Frankenhooker.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great website, thanks for posting it. The cx in House of cards wasn't listed. Does anyone know if that paint scheme was used on any other bikes?

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Does anyone know if that paint scheme was used on any other bikes?

It was a CX only "lightning bolt" decal over a solid color tank. Both the red and black CX's used the same red decal. The rest of the world outside the US got to choose a blue version too.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
That Custom is different than my Customs

I think you're right, when I posted originally it was from a netbook with a 10 inch screen. Original, Custom, Deluxe, Turbo..they're all the same anyway.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Frankenhooker... that's funny! I like Seiko Automatic Diver watches, and there's a Seiko forum list of movies that show them being worn. Forums for everyone, no?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
That IMCDB site was good !

A few CX in the movie sightings I wasnt aware of

I do know that you see CX police bikes in the early part of

vanishing Point (the remake with Viggo Mortensen)

as I pointed it out to Rob Davis back when he had his site going

Also there was a 1983 UK TV series called Tuckers luck which someone spotted and you see

Tucker as a dispatch rider hacking about London.

Tucker's Luck - Series 2 - Episode 3 - Part 1-2

heres the youtube link

[media] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLc923xSPOg&feature=related[/media]

You first see the bike at 07m:10s followed by various action sequences

of him doing what many did on Cx's and dispatching around London to about 10m:30s

the may be and probably are, more glimpses in subsequent episodes.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I was watching the "Dirty Harry" Marathon on AMC yesterday and saw in the opening sequence that the MC cop was riding a CX/CL.
Then in "Sudden Impact" the police trike is a CXc trike that the bank robber tries to flee on.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Was streaming movies yesterday and saw a Standard twice in , "Goodbye World".
First sighting was about 20 min in and the second sighting (same bike) was near the end when two people got on and rode away.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Was streaming movies yesterday and saw a Standard twice in , "Goodbye World".
First sighting was about 20 min in and the second sighting (same bike) was near the end when two people got on and rode away.
A CX500 shadow features heavily in the Australian movie "Snowtown"-the movie itself is challenging (based on a true story of abuse/serial type murders) but seeing the main character do "burnouts" and teach someone to ride the CX is interesting....

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I've rebuilt the carbs for the green CX used in the film 'hey hey it's Esther Bloomberger.

It's paint scheme is interesting in that it is the standard CX paint job in a non standard colour.

Apparently it has since been repainted.
Happy to be corrected.
The bike you mention was acquired by a somewhat recently active (Aust) CX forum member........

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.