Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I m driving an old Honda CX500 Eurosport. How do I set the fuel petcock on the left to on / off / reserve positions? I've tried to look up but the metal is really rusty and I'd rather trust experienced cx gurus! Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the bike is off the road for some time I should set it to OFF position, correct?

When driving normally it should be set to ON and when low on fuel to RESERVE?

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and please remember that no question is stupid, we were ALL new at this at one time. The people here are friendly and knowledgeable and love helping others (and they even still put up with me lol)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Welcome to the forum Johnny, where are you situated?

·
Registered
11 Posts
New to the forum just curious any1 know if you can find original paint "Nimbus Grey" for the 83 gl650? Just got 1 and want to restore it. Also how the heck do you pick a profile picture and set a signature? Just having a heck of a time trying to find it.... Took computer support at a local college. Sad.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Elmonda, I can't help you with the paint, but for your profile, etc. click the "Settings" menu pick at the upper right and then browse that page.

·
Registered
373 Posts
New to the forum just curious any1 know if you can find original paint "Nimbus Grey" for the 83 gl650? Just got 1 and want to restore it. Also how the heck do you pick a profile picture and set a signature? Just having a heck of a time trying to find it.... Took computer support at a local college. Sad.
Nimbus Gray shows up as a valid paint callout for Honda on the Odyssey mini-van. Maybe it's the same. If it is you could probably get that at any auto parts store or the Honda car dearlership. If not try going to a paint and body supply and ask then to mix up a sample based on that callout for your bike. A really good automotive paint shop can mix up paint with a sample like a side cover off your bike. Our local guy can even do spray cans that come out closer than touch up paint that you buy off the shelf.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts