Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Use the same design just take off the deluxe part or add standard
As per "Randall"-the instruments/nose would be different +/- the flyscreen Honda added. Maybe just label it as CX500?
Just to add to the confusion when I go to Honda dealers they have the Shadow/std appear on the parts list photo-but label it as the "Deluxe" in the description.:D The Shadow was a shorter year run so by adding Shadow you may technically limit buyers

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As per "Randall"-the instruments/nose would be different +/- the flyscreen Honda added. Maybe just label it as CX500?
Just to add to the confusion when I go to Honda dealers they have the Shadow/std appear on the parts list photo-but label it as the "Deluxe" in the description.:D The Shadow was a shorter year run so by adding Shadow you may technically limit buyers
Cool I ll put something tougher in the next few days
I ll post here before adding to the site I think it would probably be better to use the design that I used for the naked gl for the this one, what you guys think?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes-I'll order 2 once finalized
Maybe also with a flyscreen?-depending on what others think/feedback..
Wiki has a good shot of the front end-as inserted here. View attachment 201897
I should have everything set this week sometime I will add the flyscreen and if you like I ll add that to the site also it’s not a problem to have 2 different designs, it will give people an extra option

·
Registered
80 Posts
I should have everything set this week sometime I will add the flyscreen and if you like I ll add that to the site also it’s not a problem to have 2 different designs, it will give people an extra option
Thanks for taking the time to include these options-look forward to seeing the "fly-screen" version as well.
Once on spreadshirt I'll order a few.
Many of the Aussie members use this forum-but you may also want to post on the Australian forum-especially with the addition of the Australian market models.(y)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks for taking the time to include these options-look forward to seeing the "fly-screen" version as well.
Once on spreadshirt I'll order a few.
Many of the Aussie members use this forum-but you may also want to post on the Australian forum-especially with the addition of the Australian market models.(y)

Thank you I ll definitely look into it

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good once uploaded will definitely order-cheers.

As a total aside-thought about other models-e.g. CB750 SOHC/DOHC to the catalogue?

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Looks good once uploaded will definitely order-cheers.

As a total aside-thought about other models-e.g. CB750 SOHC/DOHC to the catalogue?
Thank you so much!!
There actually a few other designs on Spreadshirt that I haven’t upload here just because they aren’t cx/gl related but a cb could definitely be an option for the future. I have actually been looking for one for my next project lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you so much!!
There actually a few other designs on Spreadshirt that I haven’t upload here just because they aren’t cx/gl related but a cb could definitely be an option for the future. I have actually been looking for one for my next project lol
Hi Antonio-you did the Shadow-so the CB might have been pushing my luck/welcome lol
There might be an untapped market tho'.
If you go the DOHC project-you'll appreciate the relative simplicity of the CX;)

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hi Antonio-you did the Shadow-so the CB might have been pushing my luck/welcome lol
There might be an untapped market tho'.
If you go the DOHC project-you'll appreciate the relative simplicity of the CX;)
I’m really interested
A guy down the street from me has one I think a 79 cb550 that’s just rotting out, every time I go by I want to stop and make him an offer but he’s never out in the yard and I don’t feel comfortable nocking on his door expecially with COVID going on now

21 - 40 of 47 Posts