• It will be tough but it might work if you can beat the big shops

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you guys know where to find parts on eBay or on here. But after getting tired of dealing with people on eBay. I was thinking about setting up a online shop thats specializes in CX,GL parts. Forum Discount of course. What are your thoughts?

If there was shop what parts would you want? I have a ton of CX parts some GL parts and I am having a few parts manufactured. I know 4into1 and and DCC and a few others carry most everyting. But if you did have to search hard for it would you buy from that shop?

Might also do the basic swag that goes along with it. Stickers, Hats, Maybe a T-shirts. leaning away from the standard stuff more bespoke.

Drop your thoughts good, bad I don't care just wondering if its worth it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
When I purchased parts for a quad bypass, I had to buy from four or five different sources. I would have paid a little more if I could have bought all the parts with one click.
I doubt I'll need to do it again ever. From here on, it will be mostly parts to keep her going which I can likely source locally through Honda, salvage yards or other contacts.
I suspect your volume of sales would be modest, yet you wouldn't get premium prices on your parts. Parts aren't rare enough that you can charge really high prices.
It could be a fun side hustle, but I wouldn't want to try to pay a mortgage with this as your income.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,958 Posts
Some time back I offered kits through the Oz forum for gasket sets for specific jobs including everything for that job but not including things like chains and stators.

These included all seals, gaskets and O rings for a specific job.

Most inquiries started with " I already have the mech seal and/or this, that or the other" and I'd end up having to do custom sets and reprice every time and gave up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just as you and several others on the forum, I have several CX/GL parts. I have given them away, for the price of shipping and at below value. Listing things on Ebay takes time and selling on the forum seems to take longer. I would love to have an outlet for all the parts that I don't need or want to free up space in my shop. Would you be willing to buy parts at scrape metal price plus shipping? If so, I'll start boxing things up and send them freight. So many others are stripping bikes to Cafe and would also love to have a place to sell pieces. You need to get with some of the members here who have already made the shirts, stickers and reproduction parts to see if you can partner with them. A one stop shop would be nice for all the parts needed to customise or keep this bikes going. Good luck, I hope it works out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Many members have tried to sell/give away parts. The biggest challenge is the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One stop shopping would be great though I have a very good parts source locally. I could certainly use a set of 3wire rectangular turn signals since I want to remove the fairing off of a GL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts