Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Look like these. Will come with tool to screw on/off that'll lace up to a socket wrench. Just made a run of them this morning for the CX. Because the CX can share no parts with any of the other Honda's...

$55 shipped in the US.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Looks cool, what else has to be done to delete the air assist?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
and what size forks will this fit??
Are you making them for the 37mm forks as well??

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've got a pair disassembled 37mm (Eurosport) forks lying around which I'm not using anymore. I could take the caps off and they might just fit a padded enveloppe. Not looking to get rich from them so throw me a number and they're yours if you're interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
J-Rod, I would like to get a set of these for my GL500, but wanted to make sure they will fit with the forks I have (they are supposed to be 35mm). I would doubt there is a difference, but it seems between the GL and CX they used different parts for everything.

Do you have dimensions of the threaded section, depth of threads and the cap size? I just wanted to be extra cautious and not waste time ordering something that may not work.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mike Nixon has fork caps for the CB550 and CB750 (35mm) that I used successfully on my GL project. They are a little pricey, but they work well and have the added advantage of adjustable preload.
motorcycleproject.com - part # 1472314
fast shipping and good communication.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Look like these. Will come with tool to screw on/off that'll lace up to a socket wrench. Just made a run of them this morning for the CX. Because the CX can share no parts with any of the other Honda's...

$55 shipped in the US.

Will these fit a 81 cx500 and do I need to do anything to the forks when I take the air valves off

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is quite an old post but whatever happened with this idea? Are they available still? Is there any other modification required (ie replace springs) to get rid of the air valve caps? How about those preload for the cb750? Do they really do the plug and play job or is there a need for other replacements too? Cheers guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts