Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found my rear final drive locks up tight if I torque the nut.

I have the workshop manual, and followed the steps, but as I thought when I looked at the distance collar, somehting is not correct. It is a CX500 Turbo but I understand the components are the same.

When I look inside the drive unit (as I am a bout to replace the wheel, I can see that the distance collar (a metal spacer) is slightly lower (short) of the cast face.

When I tighten the axle nut it would be pulling the bearing hard against the casting rather than bedding on the spacer (distance collar)

I can make another spacer but, would like to know how pround the spacer should be for assembly. I am surprised it isn't in the manual?

Also, the spacer does not look like the 'distant collar'in the manual. It does not have thickened ends.

I am sure lots of members would know what I am doing wrong, or how long the standard spacer/ distance collar is. - it could just be mine has been incorrectly replaced at sometime.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Somebody should have one loose they can measure, if not I doubt it would be hard to find one.

Something's wrong, it shouldn't do that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.