Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone knows if a front wheel from a cx650 turbo and cx650 Euro can be interchanged. On the Moto Village website the author indicates that the rear wheels of a 650 turbo and a 650 Euro can be interchanged but nothing is said about the front wheels.

. The wheel size is the same and the bearings are interchangeable but they have different part numbers.

I'm having bearings wearing out the aluminum likely from from Salt roads and winter riding or not changing bearings frequently enough.

Any Canadians have some CX 650 Euro front or rear wheels laying around as spares?

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,263 Posts
I wonder if a machinist couldn't mill out the bearing seat and insert a sleeve of the proper diameter.

·
Registered
1983 cx650E
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I wonder if a machinist couldn't mill out the bearing seat and insert a sleeve of the proper diameter.
I'm working on that angle, thanks. The one machine shop that is local has a CNC milling machine but didn't think they wanted to tackle the project. I have a spare cx650 turbo wheel to use while I work at getting the wheel machined.

It would take a lathe with a 10-11 inch free radius to turn a 18 in wheel. I think my one Amish friend has a lathe that big but I would have to work with him to make an adapter to mount to the brake rotor side on the rear wheel. Maybe that would work for the front wheels then too.

·
Registered
CX500EC Eurosport 1982
167 Posts
To answer the original question; yes, also interchangeable with 500E front wheels and CB900F front wheels . Some different colours in use though and different styles of brake discs but they’re interchangeable too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts