Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a complete 19,000 mi 82 CX500 turbo that I am parting out. I'm selling the turbo system and the electronic fuel injection system as a unit which will enable you to build a true CX500 turbo with fuel injected. The fact that the whole entire setup is available in one unit is priceless! I will include the turbo, the headers, and exhaust..all related piping the injector piping the ignition ECU the fuel computer ECU the fuel injectors the complete harness, all the four pressure sensors etc. this should be everything you need to install on your CX500 and make it a factory turbo bike. Other than the block modifications you need but this will get you a real nice start and get you as close to a factory EFI system and turbocharger system you can get and will all fit OEM. the reason for me getting rid of it is because the bike has low compression, and no title. I will be selling the 82 turbo wheels. The gold anodized ones. And I also have the full body fairing kit that will allow you to bolt to your CX500 frame of which I would include the front frame fairing and the correct seat.
Let me know what I can do to help you. feel free to make offers on this stuff I don't really know what it's worth but I do know that I have a fair idea of what the stuff is all valued for plus you'll have to remember shipping on the turbo kit will be pretty expensive too so I'll need zip codes etc and I have not quite got the bike taken apart but it will be taken apart and everything boxed up soon.
[email protected]
View attachment 204721 View attachment 204722 View attachment 204723 View attachment 204724
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
88 I appreciate your joining to sell your bike, but your idea is way off. Just adding the parts you have described is wrong. Users will need the clutch, the oil pump, the front cover, the oil inlet and outlets, the ignition, the ecu, the petcock with both an outlet and a return port, an extremely complex wiring harness, the low compression pistons, rods, and then they have the challenge of trying to find bearings to fit with their old crankshaft and rings for the new pistons. Please don't try to tell anyone this is a simple conversion, that just isn't the case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not here to say whether something will work or just bowl together I'm here only offering a parts bike with a bunch of hard to find parts it's up to the fabricator and or builder to figure out how to make all this stuff work and build a motorcycle that he likes so I appreciate that you guys are trying to help out in some strange way but I'm only offering parts for sale not whether or not something works or not because I've built lots of things that someone said wouldn't work and with enough ingenuity and money you can make anything happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
88 I appreciate your joining to sell your bike, but your idea is way off. Just adding the parts you have described is wrong. Users will need the clutch, the oil pump, the front cover, the oil inlet and outlets, the ignition, the ecu, the petcock with both an outlet and a return port, an extremely complex wiring harness, the low compression pistons, rods, and then they have the challenge of trying to find bearings to fit with their old crankshaft and rings for the new pistons. Please don't try to tell anyone this is a simple conversion, that just isn't the case.
I didn't tell anybody how easy something would be to build fabrication is never easy and if you don't have the skills of the ingenuity apparently like you I wouldn't attempt it these are more strictly just an offer of parts. But I got a title for the bike and I'm going to go ahead and keep it have a nice day.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Glad you are going to keep the bike, look at some of the threads on restoring the 500 and you can get it looking like new if you put enough effort into it. One just sold on Bring a Trailer for $9000 this week.

About my skepticism, your comment of this should be everything you need to install on your CX500 and make it a factory turbo bike threw me off and I didn't want some poor person buying the parts and trying to do that. Yes, there have been some skilled builders who have swapped a turbo motor into a standard CX frame, but it was not a bolt on deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts