Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I recently came into possession of a CX500 Deluxe with a Vindicator fairing (I think thats what it's called). I really have no idea if i should even try to clean it up myself (since I have no clue where to start), or let someone else deal with it. To my knowledge it does not run, and the last time I saw it running was in 2000/2001. If i decide to sell as-is, where would be the best place to sell it and what would be a reasonable ask? I really have no idea and welcome any guidance. Thank you all in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,512 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Keep it if you are handy and want to fiddle with it. Price is determined by location, if you have the title and condition. Check out craigslist for an idea of prices.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for responding! I have the title....somewhere. Once I find it I can provide more info. I've checked craigslist and cant seem to find a CX 500 nearby. I'm not handy at all and everyone I ask just tells me its more work than its worth.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
There are probably some members not too far from you. Check out a site called dailylister.com, it allows you to search all of CL instead of just one area at a time.

Reactions: vanvaq

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am at Silver Spring, MD. There a couple of things that you can check pretty easily: stator, engine turn, cables, forks...

·
Registered
24,492 Posts
save yourself all the trouble first check the inside of teh gas tank and see if its full of rust or if it has holes

the tank is the most valuable thing on the bike

its easy to see if the motor is stuck or not

if the motor turns and is free (from the rust on the bike i am not sure)

then you have something to debate

if the motor is stuck its not worth talking about

1 - 11 of 11 Posts