66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still in progress...[attachment=1205:020.JPG][attachment=1206:024.JPG]

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
Welcome to the forum Muktina,

Looking good so far. A bit more info would be enjoyed about what you've done by all on the forum though.

Please fill in the rest of the registration as far as where you are and the year and model bike you are working on. It helps if you ever ask questions that are specific to that bike.

Keep up the good work. A bit smaller pictures would make it much easier to see too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The front end looks awesome, what did you have to do to get it to fit aside from finding the correct bearings.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like all it needs is a seat, battery and grips. Looks good for a cafe racer. I don't understand why they're so popular. It doesn't make it go any faster, does it?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Looks like all it needs is a seat, battery and grips. Looks good for a cafe racer. I don't understand why they're so popular. It doesn't make it go any faster, does it?
They're faster due to weight reduction, and some in aerodynamics too I'd assume, also should handle much better being that everything is lower, not a cafe racer, or that knowledgeable, just know a few things, and I think that the info is correct, may be corrected... I do know though that losing weight makes you take off faster, I believe that every 15 lbs you lose is equivalent to adding 1 HP, it may be 10 lbs, not exactly sure on that part... Top speed should be increased slightly due to the lower sitting position, she won't be sitting straight up like we do, and there is nothing above the gas tank, so less wind resistance, meaning slightly higher top speed, although it won't be much due to the fact that you can still only hit the redline in 5th

Very nice build by the way, not a huge fan of cafe's, but I like custom bikes quite often, although not so much when it comes to rat bikes, but I love choppers, and cafe's quite often look nice, but I really just like seeing what people can do to our CX's and GL's

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest... For everyone who asked, the front end is from a Yamaha R1 1998. Previously, I had the tripple tree modified by a machinist to be able to fit the fork and then replaced the stem bearings. I took an old tank from a Yamaha XS1100 for the tail, used hydraulic clamp to fit the headlight. The project is not finished yet. Still I want to move the battery in the tail and put the rectifier under the seat. All the lights are unoperatinel right now and I'm waiting for the blinkers I ordered...

A lot of fun and a lot of time

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to the forum Muktina, wow that looks great, do you still have the crossover with those pods? it looks like it. if so how does she runs

Yes I do and I don't know yet how it works because the bike still doesn't run. Need to move the battery, the rectifier and connect all the electric components

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is your rear tire on backwards? That's what a 404 or 402.

No, but I used what I had and so, for now I have a front tire in the back and a rear tire in the front...

I know it's not appropriate...

·
Registered
595 Posts
I keep reading about using tanks to make cafe seats. I'm about to leave for work and can't google it up this very second, but what exactly is the method behind it? I have a ruined CB500 tank (idiot dent puller guy ruined where the petcock seats, plus it's dented to all hell anyhow) that I would love to put to good use.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I keep reading about using tanks to make cafe seats. I'm about to leave for work and can't google it up this very second, but what exactly is the method behind it? I have a ruined CB500 tank (idiot dent puller guy ruined where the petcock seats, plus it's dented to all hell anyhow) that I would love to put to good use.

Using a tank is a less involved way to create a rear bump since you don't have to try to form metal over a hump or build up and area to fiberglass over.

and if you have a bike with an actual exotic tank shape the rear will match it exactly if you make the bump out of that bikes tank.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Looks lean and mean.

Nice work.

Welcome.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.