Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I've designed some custom decals for my own CX500 project and thought I'd share them with the community. I'm looking at getting a batch cut in white vinyl soon and wanted to see if anyone would be interested in scoring some of your own.

Right now, I'm looking at general price of $20 for a set (2 decals) up to 8" x 5.5". That would include domestic, standard shipping (US). Anything larger will probably be a little more.

If you are interested and would like a different year, please let me know.

cx500 decal.jpg

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Might it be possible to offer them in colors other than white? Such as the gold color of the original striping on the bike? Year: 1981.
Dan

·
Registered
826 Posts
My tank is custom painted. 1981 is my year. That would have looked good under the clear coat.
I would be interested in one with no year on it.
Just my thought.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd like it as well if year change and the faux bolts could be removed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys... Several of you asked for some decal variations. Here they are.

I now have years 78-83, as well a year-less and a faux bolt-less option

Feedback is welcome.

78-79.jpg
80-81.jpg
{ATTACH=CONFIG]14770[/ATTACH]
var.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might it be possible to offer them in colors other than white? Such as the gold color of the original striping on the bike? Year: 1981.
Dan
Dan, I've got to call on that. I can have an answer for you possibly tomorrow.... or Monday at the latest.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dan, I've got to call on that. I can have an answer for you possibly tomorrow.... or Monday at the latest.
Excellent work kidoho! If I wasn't wanting to retain the factory look, I'd be all over this. Very impressive.

One of my coworkers is also into vinyl. I talked to him about possibly duplicating the original CX500 graphics and he was struggling with finding gold. He did bring in a sample of "Iowa Yellow" and it is really, really close to the factory gold (of course, mine are faded somewhat after 30 years). Just a thought for you to consider.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I like it, I suppose I could get a size that would fit on an original standard/deluxe side sidecover? BTW, I've been told by several paint guys that you shouldn't put vinyl under clear coat, only on top due to some sort of reaction that can happen. Can anyone verify that or is it okay to put vinyl under clear?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Instead of clear coating over the vinyl sticker. Use the negative shape of the vinyl. Then use it as a mask to use paint instead of the vinyl sticker. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts