Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently designing an adjustable trunk mount that swings from behind the driver (over passenger seat) to behind the passenger like most mounts. I saw ideas and other designs on the old forum pages, but mine will be a little different. It is going to also allow you to remove the trunk and use the platform as a standard luggage rack. The trunk will mount on without drilling any holes in the trunk and use the current mounting idea. You would be able to remove the trunk in less than 10 seconds. It will also have rails around the outside like the Markland mounts. My design will also allow it to be completely adjustable so that driver or passenger can put the height of the backrest exactly where they want it. I am about 90% completed on the plans, but wanted to ask all of you if you have had any other ideas of what you would like to see in the PERFECT trunk mount. Give me some ideas to incorporate in my design.

CURRENT PLANS ARE "TOP SECRET" lol

·
Super Moderator
15,418 Posts
I would like a beverage holder.

Even if you told the plans it would be less likely that anyone would ever try to do it. That's why I put all my stuff online.

Spring loaded latches like the rear seat is held on by would be my solution for a snap in solution. But I didn't go that way.

And I don't even have a gl to use any of this crap.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Keep up the good work, i'm sure you will have lots of potential buyers

All The Best......Keith........

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hadn't thought about a cup holder, lol, but i am thinking about armrests that slide out/flip forward for the passenger. These could actually be incorporated into the side rails on my design. Of course, if I put in armrests, I am going to have to incorporate speakers that mount under them. I am going to need sound from the rear to balance out my front speakers. My fairing that I am putting on actually has a can holder mounted on the bottom left that folds up when not in use.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are some rough designs I have made, but have not figured out measurements as of yet. This design will allow it to be fully adjustable and can be tightened on each side using thumb screws. The front mounts to the bottom hole on rear seat. I have not designed the rear/bottom mounting section yet. I want to make it as stable as possible, so I will have to measure and come up with a good mounting spot for the rear. Again, this is just a rough design. I figure most of my design will come to light when I start building it.

G

·
If I may be so bold and suggest that you also put a bit of a detente in the yellow adjustable stay.Thumb screw is good for ease of use, but would it hold the top box from moving forward,if you make a hard stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.