Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1982 CX500 Custom
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1982 CX500 custom, there is a 2 part filter element in the separator underneath the air filter in the filter box. Honda Canada says they are discontinued and I don't fancy ordering them from cmsnl in the U.K., would it be ok to just cut a section of sponge to wedge in there? I assume its only purpose is to keep oil buildup from sloshing through the recirculating port in the airbox itself? Cheers

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
1982 CX500 custom, there is a 2 part filter element in the separator underneath the air filter in the filter box. Honda Canada says they are discontinued and I don't fancy ordering them from cmsnl in the U.K., would it be ok to just cut a section of sponge to wedge in there? I assume its only purpose is to keep oil buildup from sloshing through the recirculating port in the airbox itself? Cheers
CMSNL are in the Netherlands, at least they were the last time I checked...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Is there a drain tube/pathway connected to it...if it is and its "plugged" at the atmosphere end is that filter really needed.?...

·
Registered
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,075 Posts
It could be a medium for the oil vapor to condense on.

·
Registered
CX650 motor project into a CX500 Turbo Frame - ongoing
234 Posts
I'm not going to lie, it was a guess based on the shipping map in their website. Although the Euro price sign on everything should have been a tipoff. Cheers

also the NL of cmsnl is for Netherlands :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The drain line should be kept capped at all times unless draining at service.

It is a vacuum leak with the engine running. It also pulls dirty air from near the ground.
Do you mean that with the plug in place you have flow from ground to airbox?

·
Registered
1982 cx500tc turbo
161 Posts
Hi
I just had a shipment of parts from CMSNL come to my door on January 24
The good thing.There was no BROKER FEE on the order only GST
Shipping from Holland is cheap and fast they use DHL
They offer free shipping when the order is over $$200 euros and that did not take me long to rack-up a order
I ordered all the parts for my CX500TC that was available,And still missed some parts might have to do a other order
shipping took 3 days
old HONDA parts are getting harder to get so orders have to be done from all parts of the world

David silver spares are also a option some times
I how ever managed to find a ECM module for the CX500TC from there and it is a DENSO factory REMAN
cost a big Dollar. Bud what ever It's only money the ECM came from England David Silver Spares

TLD🇨🇦🇩🇰

Reactions: bahn88

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,408 Posts
also the NL of cmsnl is for Netherlands :)
Yep. CMSNL = Classic Motorcycle Spares NetherLand

BTW: TLD mentioned ordering from David Silvers in the UK. I've found that shipping from the UK to Canada is usually faster and cheaper than from the US so given the choice I prefer to order from the UK. I haven't ordered from Silvers for a while but the last time I used their UK website specifically for that reason but they shipped from their US warehouse anyway.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Consolidated Motor Spares Netherlands (as it say on their website...)

AFAIK, it's never ever been called Classic Motorcycle Spares...
It started as "classic motor supplies" in 1996, according to its website...
Ive always found them (cmsnl) prompt and easy to deal with.....only gripe is occassionally ive ordered the "one left" nla part only to be told i missed it...but that will happen given its a global site

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Consolidated Motor Spares Netherlands (as it say on their website...)

AFAIK, it's never ever been called Classic Motorcycle Spares...
It started as "classic motor supplies" in 1996, according to its website...
I know - I've seen the website... as I said, it was never 'Classic 'Motorcycle Spares' as already mentioned...

·
Registered
1982 CX500 Custom
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi
I just had a shipment of parts from CMSNL come to my door on January 24
The good thing.There was no BROKER FEE on the order only GST
Shipping from Holland is cheap and fast they use DHL
They offer free shipping when the order is over $$200 euros and that did not take me long to rack-up a order
I ordered all the parts for my CX500TC that was available,And still missed some parts might have to do a other order
shipping took 3 days
old HONDA parts are getting harder to get so orders have to be done from all parts of the world

David silver spares are also a option some times
I how ever managed to find a ECM module for the CX500TC from there and it is a DENSO factory REMAN
cost a big Dollar. Bud what ever It's only money the ECM came from England David Silver Spares

TLD🇨🇦🇩🇰
I never would have guessed the overseas shipping would be that fast, that's good to know, thanks. I'm waiting on a few orders from the US and Canada that are 10+ days in transit already so I'll definitely consider them for next time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts