Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike came with a duralast YT5XL battery is this the correct kind, after looking for a new one I have noticed when looking this battery up it says its for 250cc and smaller. Or does it not matter at all? I have read good things about AGM batteries so will probably be making it one. Oh, and it was starting with it before I let it sit while the bike is being worked on but has recently stopped holding charge so I want to get a new one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, would the battery model I mentioned not be a good buy for the bike for any reason? I am asking because there seems to be a size difference in batteries between the one I had and the correct one, which seems to be pretty big.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just bought a battery at NAPA on sale for $33.49. It's a direct replacement and fits fine. You might be able to find it somewhere cheaper but the NAPA store was on my way to work. Their motorcycle batteries are on sale until the end of the month. Here's a link -> NAPA battery

Jon

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.