Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Finally changed the fork oil and went with 20 weight. Put some Hagon shocks on. Really pleased with that change. Pulsars to power the old CDI started to crap out. I put in the Ignitech that I purchased through a group buy on this forum. Nice to have that in reserve to avoid an engine out situation. Found a fellow in Wisconsin who laser cuts an under the seat electronics tray and battery box, so I put that on. Affixed stickers to cover up dings on the tank and got a little too carried away with that… Buggered with an intermittent short for a while but chased that down with a light and wires into the 20 amp fuse holder. A wealth of knowledge and wisdom on this forum and I’m grateful for it. Thanks again to all ye who have unknowingly helped me out thru this site. Be safe out there good people.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Wouldn't worry bout covering the dings with stickers......gives the bike some character/patina (evidence of ridden not hidden) until you get around to a full respray.....mine both bikes need a respray...the CX and CB have 40year old paint......each little scar tells a story...and if the dent happened in the workshop reminds you to be more careful....(once had a centre-stand break (on a BMW)and the bike wedge at 45degrees against a wall..a common issue with that model reminded me to check those welds:confused: )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts