Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
That tool will definitely NOT work, it's too small. You could either chisel it off carefully with a punch (I would recommend brass if you intend or re-using the nut.)

Or you could use one of these King Gator Sockets, many on here have found that they work well for the nut.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking back that that tool I realize now that it is to small. I guess when I first read it I didn't see the 24 mm inside diameter part of the description. Thanks for setting me straight Cobram.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Jwink,

Just keep in mind they sell those Gator Grip sockets in retail stores and I THINK I've seen them at Wal Mart.......just telling you so you'll get one quicker and don't have to pay EBAY shipping !

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Rickbert. I work at sears, and we sell them. I should have just bought one the other day but I thought the one I had might work but it ended up being the small one. I'll pick one up and see what I can do.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I am trying to remove the clutch nut.

Will this tool work?

http://www.tooltopia.com/northcoast-tool-6065.aspx

Any other placed I can buy the tool?
here in the uk ebay their is clutch socket tool the item number 300558566566 the tool is made from stainless steel the cost is £9.00 uk pounds maybe a little expensive but saves a ruined nut. I have made one myself by getting a large socket one that fits around the edge of the clutch nut then by using a angle grinder to cut the slots in the socket so that their is left with four pegs sticking out so that the socket goes into the slots in the clutch nut. well that's the nice and cheap option,by the way the size socket you need is a 15/16 socket 1/2 in drive

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
It finally stopped raining and dried up enough to get out and finish stripping down the engine an frame. Got a chance to use the Gator King socket, and wow, it actually works.

Mated to a decent airgun and zip, came out like butter.

Thanks to all who posted about it, having had bad experiences with a lot of these "miracle" tools in the past, I never would have tried it without the stamp of approval and BTDT from you guys. I found about a dozen other places it comes in handy too, but I would not recommend it for rounded bolts and nuts, it makes them worse. There are plenty of specialized sockets and other tools to handle those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.