Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a polished cover , when i remove the one on the bike , will anything fall out, is a new gasket need ?, i will make the gasket , will it need cement, is it easy ??????? sorry i have to ask ... thanks guys

·
Registered
385 Posts
The triple bypass is a cake walk compared to removing the clutch cover....

·
Registered
385 Posts
Sorry I meant to say removing the clutch cover is a cake walk compared to the triple bypass. Nothing really will fall out. At most a baring but that you can put right back in. You'll need a new gasket and am not sure if you need to seal it. Depends on what material you use I guess.

Don't worry it is not a problem.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Nothing will,should fall out

Don't use any gasket sealer on the mating surfaces
Just ensure they are clean and free of debris/burrs etc.

Apply grease to both mating surfaces, before adding the gasket, that way it will make it easier to remove for future inspection

Cheers.........keith........

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Don't use gasket sealer it's a mess. Just pick up some cheap gasket paper or the actual gasket. I think it's $7-10 but can easily be traced from the cover and cut with scissors. It's all pretty straight forward. 5 bolts and you're done.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
Some times the clutch actuator/mushroom drops out.It needs re-fitting correctly so it's tension against it's spring is the correct way round.You can check this prior to assembly by presenting the clutch cover to the front of the engine and operating the the small arm to make sure it's right.

HTH

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some times the clutch actuator/mushroom drops out.It needs re-fitting correctly so it's tension against it's spring is the correct way round.You can check this prior to assembly by presenting the clutch cover to the front of the engine and operating the the small arm to make sure it's right.

HTH
thanks Shep, i just made the gasket .you too Marshallf3,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Sometimes the little mushroom head depressor can fall out, if it does make sure you get it back in there correctly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.