Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I took my clutch apart to inspect the friction plates. half of them are worn to the point of having no slinger grooves. I also came across on of the clutch plates that look as if someone had pushed a cone through the center to size it like a wedding ring. I need to know if this is normal or do I need to order a new plate? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
A picture is worth 1000 words. Get a clutch kit with all the friction plates. The only difference I noticed in the aftermarket plates (EBC HD) is the grooves were not angled like the OEM's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG_0161[1].JPG IMG_0160[1].JPG
this is the disk that I found, notice the shadow under the first pick. and the streak of oil on the floor from where my son decided to start the bike without the clutch cover on it.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
this is the disk that I found,
Where did You found this plate ?
In the front, the middle or in the bottom of the clutch ?
This steel plate has to be bought new.
How look like the other steel plates ?

Does the clutch slip or why did You open the clutch ?

Gruesse
WolFgang

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
to answer the questions, It was the next to last plate I have already ordered new frictions and going to order a new plate as all the others measure perfectly, and I am in the Sacramento area, And it was not disengaging after I completely rebuilt the engine from block up.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Also check for notches in the fingers of the clutch basket. All too often the plates get burned and wrapped that bad when someone has been slipping the clutch drag racing or something similar and if so, there is a good chance the fingers are notched. If they are notched it is probably best to replace the clutch basket with one that isn't notched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts