Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone look up the stock clutch cable length for a 79cx500 d for me. im at work and need to stop for a shorter one on the way home. forgot to take a measurement. thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ebay auction doesnt list length. i need to buy a cable 3 inches shorter than stock today. anyone know actual length in inches. im on my phone at work and cant look it up.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I found a cable in the closet and it's 47 inches end to end. I haven't had any gl's so it has to be cx.

You know you can make and shorten your own cables.

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
I found a cable in the closet and it's 47 inches end to end. I haven't had any gl's so it has to be cx.

You know you can make and shorten your own cables.

I don't know what that is off but it's certainly not any CX.

My stock Clutch cables are 35" outer and 39" end-to-end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what that is off but it's certainly not any CX.

My stock Clutch cables are 35" outer and 39" end-to-end.

See, I didn't know about this magical "outer" measurement... But it makes sense obviously... chalk it up to being a rookie...

The guy at the shop I stopped at told me about the same thing, so I didn't buy anything anyways...

But now that I have numbers to work with, I'm gonna call around and see whats out there in stock... hopefully I can find something reasonable.

But thanks for the help today Shep and Stitch.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Why you asking me?I didn't clean out your cupboards<BFG>

I reckon some bloody big ape hangers
I figured it out. Seems like they are breeding in my tool closet. I found a new parts unlimited cable that is identical to it with numbers 22870-ME2-000 or 22870-ma1-000 So it looks like it is for a gl500.

Seems my collection of gl stuff is growing. First with a nice set of throttle cables and now 2 clutch cables.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I figured it out. Seems like they are breeding in my tool closet. I found a new parts unlimited cable that is identical to it with numbers 22870-ME2-000 or 22870-ma1-000 So it looks like it is for a gl500.

Seems my collection of gl stuff is growing. First with a nice set of throttle cables and now 2 clutch cables.
perhaps you need to look at craig,s lists,and buy a gl

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.