Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Wednesday looking to try and get a bunch of us cx'ers and gl'ers together down in the valley. Weather permitting this is, who would want to meet up down there and no stated time yet so do to not knowing peoples schedules or anything. We can figure that out once some people post back.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ok gran, what's your left carb doing rick? I've not been on here in a few days so maybe its something I can give a hand with.

I believe it is just crudded up and needs a thorough cleaning, inspection, float heights, low idle jets...oh yeah and since they are going to be down, plenty of the Polish stuff
The plan was to hit it hard tonight and try to get her responsive again. I do have a busy night...one of my best friend's grandfater recently passed and that takes priority...won't be home till after 9pm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh a good cleaning isn't to hard to get done if you got some stubby wrenches around, if ya need any thing send me a pm and it just shows up on my phone as a email so I get them fast.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey rick, do you need to borrow my ultrasonic cleaned?

Might be able to make it to the valley, where are you planning to meet up?

Mike

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey rick, do you need to borrow my ultrasonic cleaned?

Might be able to make it to the valley, where are you planning to meet up?

Mike

·
Registered
967 Posts
well pulled the carbs, broke them down w/o seperating them, cleaned, reassembled and finished at about 1am! Would like to add that I had a very successful ride into work today! I am in for Wednesday for sure! Thanks for the offer Jon & Mike...I got home about 9 and didnt get to start until about 930pm...

Where are we meeting Jon?!

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Yaaayyy!!! Tires came today!!
Thanks to the hints & videos linked to this forum I was able to remove old tires and mount the new ones myself!!

Tomorrow I'll take them to work & use the shop air to seat the beads & inflate to specs.

Then when I get home I'll put her all back together. Don't want to rush so i think I'll have to decline this ride. I should be able to make the next one!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys I just plan on getting to the valley around 6:30 ish have another mechanic buddy coming on his honda think its a 08 shadow aero. Just planing on that if this rain stays away long enough, ill be keeping a eye out for some older hondas and hoping to see you there, this should be interesting for my 1st bike night
, jon

·
Registered
377 Posts
Where are we meeting up at? Seems everyone else but me knows

"The Valley" doesn't mean much for me, since I am way over on the east side.

Mike

·
Registered
967 Posts
Where are we meeting up at? Seems everyone else but me knows

"The Valley" doesn't mean much for me, since I am way over on the east side.

Mike
Valleyview Quaker Steak on the east side of Canal Road, just North of Rockside Road.

5935 Canal Road

Cleveland, OH 44125-4231

(216) 986-9500

Rockside Rd & Canal Rd

·
Registered
377 Posts
What time will you guys be showing up?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I hope to be there around 6:30...might grab a quick bite to eat and skoot to try and get a little riding in before hand...mind your speed and tom-foolery though even in the surrounding areas as all of the local officials know its bike night and the like to watch us all.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As rick was saying don't do dumb things around there and don't get on the freeway with all the rockets, they love to take off and do wheelies and other dumb stuff when they leave there from past experiences passing by on my way home from work in years past.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well im glad some people made it out I myself had a good time and ill have to start going more often now. Who's in for next week weather allowing and all? And this time maybe all meet up prior to getting to bike night this time, so we are not scattered around like tonight.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Well im glad some people made it out I myself had a good time and ill have to start going more often now. Who's in for next week weather allowing and all? And this time maybe all meet up prior to getting to bike night this time, so we are not scattered around like tonight.

+1 was definitely good to see a strong showing of the liquid cooled twisted twins
met up with a lurker to the CX forum...what a great bunch. I am down for the next bike night for sure. In a couple more weeks I will have my endorsement (If I pass the road test)
and then I can stay out after dark!

Thanks Jon for setting this up! We'll have to meet up prior to, and roll in together on the next one. I think there were a total of 6 twisted's there tonight?! It was perfect weather. will post some pics of the more obscure Hondas's later...tonight seemed like vintage honda and Kawasaki night!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts