Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am planning on repainting my bike this winter, I find that it helps me avoid riding in bad conditions. What I want to do is paint it a satin jade color and then find a couple of chromed decals that say custom to put on each side of the tank. Basically I want it to look kinda of like an old Hudson or packard car from back in the 40's. My question is if anyone knows of a clear coat to use. On the previous paint job I used spraymax 2k because it will stand up the petroleum products, after all it is a gas tank and eventually gas will get spilled on it. I would use spraymax again, but it is a high gloss clear coat and that would ruin the effect i'm going for.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Please tell me, how does a jade paint job make a Honda look like like a Hudson, Packard, or anything else but a Honda of a different color?

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what I purchased as a top coat for my tank and side covers to cover the decals. My nephew is painting them for me, the only issue is that he has had them for about two months. . . Maybe I'll get them back in time to ride next year. . . -Joel

·
Registered
8,423 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts