Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled some cb900f carbs out of a pinesol bath, take a look:

Before:

Soaking bowls, pistons and caps in the homemade ultrasonic cleaner (never turned it on for these):

Ready to reassemble:

The floats, needles, and jets will be cleaned and inspected before assembly. The pinesol does not effect the rubber at all, so no need to break the carbs from the rail. I let them soak for 2 days, removed and rinsed off with water. After that I blew them out with the air compressor. Not as nice as Larrys but damn.

I'll take another pic after they are reassembled.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My friend and I also recently used pinesol to clean some cb900f carbs which had the limiter caps for the idle screws, and if I recall correctly the allow used to make the limiter caps was corroded by the pinesol. That being said, it was the only part that was adversely affected by the liquid, so be sure to remove those.

·
Super Moderator
2,853 Posts
I was told about this a while back. I went out and bought it but have not had a chance to test it. I'm going to use it in my sonic cleaners though.

What was the mixture you used in your solution?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I was told about this a while back. I went out and bought it but have not had a chance to test it. I'm going to use it in my sonic cleaners though.

What was the mixture you used in your solution?

We will expect a report. <G> I've got to say those photos were impressive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This sounds like a Great Tip! And as I mentioned in my first post, the 81 I bought had not been stored properly and the carbs are stuck. Throttle cable would not move.

Everything was stuck, I got the slides loose but the throttle shaft is stuck.

I'll break down the carbs and try this this weekend.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Just been googling to see where I can get it in the UK and

see its good for removing blood stains and as a cockroach repellant

Excellent !

Now, I just need a place to hide the bodies.....................

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just been googling to see where I can get it in the UK and

see its good for removing blood stains and as a cockroach repellant

Excellent !

Now, I just need a place to hide the bodies.....................

ditto! can't find it anywhere over here thought. sainsbury's do a pine disinfectant but I doubt that'll work on carbs. might help with the smell from those bodies though. fishponds was really stinking today when I drove through it.

if we import 3 144oz bottles for 30 dollars and split it 3/6 ways, that might make the shipping bearable. http://www.restockit.com/Pine-Sol-reg-All-Purpose-Cleaner-Lemon-Scent-144-Ounce-(COX35419CT).html?source=theFind

·
Registered
11 Posts
Also make sure to get the Original formula and not the Scented type. The scented type does NOT contain natural pine oil. You want the pine oil.

This stuff is for REAL guys!! Put my carbs in the pinesol solution and within 2 hours the butterfys were free.

Decided if it was working that well to leave them in till tomorrow night, will put them back together tomorrow night after work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had heard about the pine-sol too, but that added "bonus" of using the makita sander was pure brilliance!!!!!!

The ingenuity of man is truly amazing sometimes......

Randy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.