Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***UPDATED*** Skip to Line for updates.

What's going on everybody it's been a long time! I sold my previous 82 GL500 and missed it so I bought another one to build. It is in REALLY good shape and I will be selling almost all of the stock parts.

Keeping the frame, motor (not keeping cage), headlight (not Keeping headlight cowel), rear wheel, and gauges.

Everything else will be for sale. Shipping out of Florida. I have a few things to get lined up before I take it apart, and would like to be able to ride in the mean time.
Parts will be available in 2 months, maybe less, but I will keep an active list of parts that are already spoken for on this original post.

Also I will be looking for a set of CX500 Turbo forks and front wheel.

**Will be adding more pictures, hopefully today. Its been rainy out hard to get some well lit shots.**
Cheers mates and it's great to be back!

Sorry everybody I took a break from all forms of media . If you have already messaged me about a part I will respond right after this post.

Below is a list of the parts available. This forum has done a lot for me in the way of knowledge so to pay my respects I will ask that you tell me what you can do on a part and see if we can't make it work instead of hard number pricing each part. Only thing is I don't pay shipping. Will provide shipping receipt for each part.

Also adding pictures. If you need better pictures or a part you want is not listed PM me.

Parts available:
-Trunk
-L&R saddle bags (scratched from prev owner)
-"Crash" bars on motor (never layed down)
-Front Cowell ( headlight not included)
-Front wheel fender
-All (4) pegs
-Both Mirrors ( can be a part of Cowell sale)
-Rider&passenger seat(passenger back on trunk see pics)
-Both Horns
-Factory Air Box
-Rear wheel fender
-Rear Turn Signals
-Saddle bag mounts and clip-in's ( clip in must be cut off and will need to be welded on)
-Handlebars w/ grips (not controls)
-Radiator Shroud
-Factory Air shock (Rear)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have turbo forks available. I sent you a pm.

·
Registered
110 Posts
that's pretty much the bike i want, and i am too far away to even get the luggage.
why are you hurting me like this ? :eek:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I need to add something here. I have a few ducks to get in a row before I take it apart. I'd like to be able to ride in the mean time. Nothing big, a few mods I want to order and with no welder a shop to do a little fab. Parts will be available in 2months or less. Right now is an opportunity to put your name on a part. I know these bikes pretty well now but that's only thanks to this community, so prices for you guys are different then prices on eBay. I hate to take a complete bike apart and would really like to see these parts go to someone who couldn't find them anywhere else, or at least in this condition and not for an arm and a leg. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's tried to find a reasonably priced carburetor boot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I need the right side muffler for my GL500. [email protected] or 360 325-1190 leave voice mail if I don't answer and will get back to you pronto!

·
Registered
55 Posts
If something comes up where you decide you are not going to use the front rotors and they are in decent shape I may be interested in those. Also, if plans change and the forks are good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If something comes up where you decide you are not going to use the front rotors and they are in decent shape I may be interested in those. Also, if plans change and the forks are good.
I am searching for a cx500t front end but having a hard time finding one with forks wheel and rotors. If I do, the forks and rotors on this will be available and you will be the first person I message. If I can't find those i will pick something else but it may be a while to decide I was pretty set on the cx500t front end.

Either way my forks and rotors (and wheel and handle bars) will be available at some point just depends on when I find what I want for the build

1 - 14 of 14 Posts