Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this in the wrong place. Took a pair of roll bar's and two small brackets to get a price on having the chrome plated. $300.00 bucks. How far out of line is this? No chrome on these roll bars. It was not show room quality. Supertanker, if you are going to make trunk ext. look at the cost of having them chrome first. Also there was a 7% environmental cost also. $21.00

·
Registered
377 Posts
I got a set of crash bars re-chromed for $100. Not sure what kind of rolls bars you are talking about, but if you do more of the prep work the chromer should charge you less than if he has to sand an polish everything.

Mike

·
Registered
745 Posts
I got a set of crash bars re-chromed for $100. Not sure what kind of rolls bars you are talking about, but if you do more of the prep work the chromer should charge you less than if he has to sand an polish everything.

Mike

picking up on Thursday my valve guards and the trunk extender ,,,hare in Tijuana done for 130.00 , for me this is expensive .i know that in the States it's more ...... i hope mine come out nice and that the chrome will last

·
Registered
639 Posts
I used to work for a company that made faucets, shower heads and such and we did our own chrome plating. Most of our plating cost was in the prep. Before plating we would polish (sand) and buff until the parts were so shiny and lustrous that they looked to be already chrome plated. As was already stated, do your own prep to save money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts