Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Anyone no where I could find a good chrome gl front fender or have one they are willing to sell? Thanks in advance.

Where are you located exactly in Wisconsin? Seems we could put this to rest with a cx fender and a gl. I don't have a gl but I do have a cx fender.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
Well if you want to give it a go Maybe I can drop by your place one of these days.

But as long as you're semi local don't forget Two Wheel Tuesdays up on 124th and capital at the culivers. Every tuesday.

Slimey crud run in Pine Bluff on May 1st. It's the first sunday in may. A good amount of us go out there.

Rockerbox in Milwaukee in August around the 10th.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What time on Tuesdays? Already planning on Rockerbox. We should meet to try the fender. That sounds good. Just got done painting my tank and seat pan. Can't wait for it to dry. My last big hurdle is relocating the battery to compensate for my shock.

·
Super Moderator
15,417 Posts
For the most part I think TWT is from 4-10pm. It's not really an organized event. On a warm day 1500 or more bikes could flow through.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I now have a gl and 2 cxs. it appears just from looking at the two bikes it should bolt right in. Haven't physically done it, but it sure looks darn close.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have an 82CX custom fender with some rash through the metal on a spot in the front and otherwise Ok... Structurally sound, It could be restored with some metalwork Like a 50cent piece size patch and a new chroming, paint or powder coat.

Pay for shipping and it's yours. I'm in 70005.

Send a Pm if you're interested.

I replaced mine with a front off a 78 standard w no issues other than the same squeeze and twist contortions and curses to get it between the legs as the old one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.