Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11,200 original miles in Naked configuration. Modular trunk and rear seat in excellent condition. Would like to see go to another Silverwing enthusiast. Original owners manual. Located Bainbridge Island, WA. $2500.

IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0217.JPG IMG_0216.JPG IMG_0215.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0224.JPG

·
Super Moderator
11,453 Posts
Looks pretty good, tell us more about it's history. Service, ownership, reason for selling, etc. The asking price might be a tad high at this point.

Joel in the Couve

·
Registered
775 Posts
If the Can-US exchange rate was reversed I would be interested! Is Cherry a new shade of gray?
Nope. JSYK, "cherry" in American slang is describing it's condition, not it's color. From the phrase, "Being cherry" as in virgin condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. JSYK, "cherry" in American slang is describing it's condition, not it's color. From the phrase, "Being cherry" as in virgin condition.
The bike's history is that I purchased it from a Honda mechanic (second owner), who purchased it from the estate of the original owner. The second owner owned it for a short time, changed the fork seals, and gave it a top-to-bottom inspection, including changing all the fluids. I purchased it in 2013, and have used it solely as a weekend rider, with a trip to Northern California in 2014. I've only put about 3000 miles on it since I bought it, including the trip to California, and so have only changed the the oil and filters.

The reason I'm selling has nothing to do with its condition. It runs perfectly, and everything works as it should. I just happened to snag the last new, "Candy Red," 2013 CB1100 between here and Texas from a local dealership last Saturday, and I'm not allowed to own two motorcycles. I would rather it continue in the care of a GL500 enthusiast, instead of a 19 year old or a commuter.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
I would rather it continue in the care of a GL500 enthusiast, instead of a 19 year old or a commuter.
Take care, I've got a 17 year old who is quickly becoming a GL500 enthusiast and I'm mostly an old commuter and GL500 enthusiast who would love it like my own. :D
Both of us ride daily weather permitting.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I did not know that, even living in Seattle for 3 years once upon a time. Must have been hanging with the non-cherry crowd. Up here we might say "mint condition" instead.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts