Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Cheer me up.

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  OCR 
#1 ·
Ug,

It has been a bad couple of days, I think the only thing I have that works right is my CX actually

Last weekend, I changed a bearing on my truck, then Wednesday I bump into a pole, dent the side, and break the mirror. Then I have to replace the O2 sensor in my wife's car. Then yesterday, I am playing Halo, next thing I know the sink is all backed up. Oh, and its chilling in the house, I wonder why? Guess what, the furnace doesn't work now, busted the third year in a row. To top it off, we went to dayton (3,5 hour drive) to go to a friends baby shower. On the way back we decide to stop someplace special to eat, I try to stop the truck at the light, and the brakes make a horrible noise, seize, and my tire blows out. Now I'm broken down in a 4 lane street. Three hours later I am now home. Turns out the caliper bolt walked out or broke off, not sure which, the caliper then swung up, ground through the alloy rim, and deflated the tire, whilst locking up the wheel. Lucky we were only 30 minutes from home, and flatbedded it back.

At least my bike works.

Mike

See less See more
#2 ·
We all run into days that defy explanation but that is one for the books.

#6 ·
Kinda reminds of "The World According to Garp". After the plane crashes into the house he might buy: "I'll take it!" What's the chance that is going to happen again? So, I suppose you could think to yourself, glad that happened and I'm OK, that'll never happen again.

I'll echo Stich, buy a lottery ticket.

#10 ·
Ug,

It has been a bad couple of days, I think the only thing I have that works right is my CX actually

Last weekend, ..............................................................................................

At least my bike works.

Mike

So, it's not all bad then, the bike still works!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.