Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I understand the purpose of the H-Box. For this reason I intend to keep it on the bike. However, the megaphone mufflers of my 79 CX500C are in need of replacement. I don't like their look and would like to add something that looks a bit more clean (clean, referring to the look, not the condition). Would rejetting be required if I add different slip-ons, while retaining the H-Box and original intake system?

Everything in forums I can find about exhaust is people discussing the removal of the H-Box. I personally don't think it looks that bad but could see why others want to remove it.

Any help y'all could lend would be great,

Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Depending on what mufflers you decide to go with it may or may not be' necessary' to rejet. The only determining factor is if the engine developes a runability problem, usually a hesitation or bog. My bike retains the H-box and OE airbox , original mufflers with baffles removed. Jetting from the factory on all road going bikes from this era is too lean. Rejetting will increase overall performance even on a completely stock bike. Choose mufflers then test ride and see if you're satisfied with runability. If you want better acceleration then rejet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts