Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change coolant in my bike. I have no idea if the previous owner ever did it or not. Heck, he didn't even have a filter in the airbox! Anyway, the shop manual isn't much help; How do you guys do it? Looking at the bike ('82 Custom) it looks like I'll either need to remove the fuel tank or dismount the radiator to open the radiator cap. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,278 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great, Shep; exactly what I wanted to know. I suspected I'd have to take the tank off...

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
That looks great, Shep; exactly what I wanted to know. I suspected I'd have to take the tank off...

It may be possible to do with tank on but for the little extra effort of taking the tank off it makes everything so much easier to get to and see especially on the none Stock CX500 models.Mine have a bit more clearance at the Rad cap than other models.

If you also decide to take the Rad off it's worth using the two 10mm drain bolts that fitted for the purpose in the front of the cylinder walls.They are low torque just decent hand tight with a bit of thread-lock if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.