Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a close yp picture or pictures of guards mounted on a 650I? I bought a set, and the deffinitely are not for a 500I, but either I'm mounting them wrong, or don't fit a 650I. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
Those are Hondaline engine guards. They look like the CX500 style, which will not fit a GL650I without extensive modification due to the upper bracket design.

Could you take another photo showing the view from the end where the two mounting points are located?

It's too bad we don't have the old forum content available yet. There was an extensive thread on identification of the various engine guard types.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, the top mount looks great. If I extend the bottom stud about 2" (I didn't measure), they would line up great.

·
Registered
546 Posts

mounted.

Two nuts on the front mounts, no spacers, bolt through the engine mount at the back, no spacer.

·
Registered
426 Posts

mounted.

Two nuts on the front mounts, no spacers, bolt through the engine mount at the back, no spacer.

That was nice of you to tear the front end off your bike so he could see the bars better.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
odd, they look like the same bars. Can you take a closer pick of the front bottom mounting,specifically from the backside of it please?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Definitely gl650 bars, need to find the spacer kit to install.

I was able to source the spacers from my local Honda dealer, if that helps. The part numbers were in a thread on the old forum however

Mike

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found that I have a GL500 in my garage that has the required extender nuts, but I did call my local Honda shop and the the most expensive part of those three was the extender nuts which were like $5 each.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts