Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after dropping at 50+ mph on the highway and doing little damage to the bike and myself. I figured I would update some parts. One of the parts I would like to change is the OEM footpegs. From what I can find, most Honda pegs would fit, but I'm looking for an adapter for the screw-on pegs. If not, Where would you buy the Honda pegs? Most sites are a pain to search for them, and I still need an OEM brake lever.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I don't know about the parts, but I'm glad that you're relatively undamaged yourself. I notice that your helmet got a fair bit of road rash. Good thing you had it on !!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ok first and fore most i want to say i am glad your ok and from the looks of your helmet you would of been screwed bad if you wernt wearing it at all but i think you can goto www.bikebandit.com and get the parts you need or jc whitney

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have used Bikebandit.com in the past to get OEM parts. But I can't seem to find any pegs on them or JCwhitney.com that will fit with out some sort of screw adapter.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have used Bikebandit.com in the past to get OEM parts. But I can't seem to find any pegs on them or JCwhitney.com that will fit with out some sort of screw adapter.

I would try a boneyard near you for the parts or add a post to buy and sell on this forum. Somebody might have what you need.

Hope you are putting some neosporin on those. Solarcaine spray works good too.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Looks like your mufflers and H box fell off!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Man,

You could have hurt yourself a lot worse. I know the weather sucks down there to do this but

ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time).

Another way of putting it is "Dress for the Slide, not the Ride". The bike is repairable or

at worst, replaceable, you being able to ride and enjoy this forum with your experiences are

not...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ouch! And I mean Ouch! Hope it hurts less than it looks. I got similar abrasions on a bicycle accident 22 years ago and was doing way less than half that speed. With similar results. Yep, I am an ATGATT guy now days. (I wince when I see other moto riders with hardly anything on to protect them!)

Oops, time to get back on topic...Doc, when you say 'screw in pegs'...I can't picture what type of foot pegs you are looking for?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was lucky. Just some scrapes. Bike still runs find. From here out, I'll be more "Dressed for Drag". Sliders and my riding jacket.

Here is the OEM pegs.

Here is the recommended aftermarket. http://www.bikebandit.com/kuryakyn-dually-iso-pegs-without-adapters?m=2299&t=1

"Kuryakyn Dually ISO-Pegs without Adapters"

And here is what I found that might work but have no idea. http://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Billet...1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1284557434&sr=1-11

Honda likes to offset the bracket angle. And Harley likes it straight 90. So its hard finding Pegs that will fit that are not just round types.

·
Registered
993 Posts
The offset angle is to allow the footpeg to deflect up if scrubbed without catching the ground to wreck you. The 90 degree won't fold up as easy when moving forward and will tend to grab the ground if you lean over far enough to catch a foot peg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not looking for 90 degree. I would like to keep the OEM angle but just get more modern pegs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts