Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pollishing the lower, aluminum, half of the front shocks. I did the Goolgle thing for pollishing aluminum and Caswell came up. I have heard of their tank kits, but they have a very interresting line of products, including complete polishing supplies. Many of you probably know this, but I did not. If you want to "shne her up" check out their web site.

http://www.caswellplating.com

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a very bad experience with Caswell. The "Black Chrome" product is junk. I e-mailed, phoned and finally posted on the support forum trying to make the stuff work. For my trouble I was banned from the forum and told to get lost. I had spent over $300 on that order. Crappy product, worse customer service. YMMV

·
Registered
337 Posts
Any other suggestions on where to get your compounds?

I got mine from Northern Tool & Equipment. Pretty cheap, too. I got the black, red and white, though I stopped with the red for the forks. I got polishing wheels for my drill there too, though I will probably buy some for my grinder in the Spring.

HTH

David

·
Registered
106 Posts
It was a chroming process chemical I got from them so the polishes may be better. The CS still sucked though. Pissed me off bad enough to get mad at hearing the name 5 years later lol.

I order 99% of the things I need now from McMaster. They do seem to pretty much have everything and shipping is quick.

Just needed some 10k grit polishing paste for a Teflon die and they had it for $13 a tube. I had it 2 days later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.