Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sonic cleaner, but I had good luck with a product whereby I would soak carb parts by dipping them into one gallon of cleaner. It came with a basket dipper. Now I can't remember what it was or where to get it. Berryman shows up in a Google search, but I'm not sure if this is the good stuff. Any recommendations? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
I have a sonic cleaner, but I had good luck with a product whereby I would soak carb parts by dipping them into one gallon of cleaner. It came with a basket dipper. Now I can't remember what it was or where to get it. Berryman shows up in a Google search, but I'm not sure if this is the good stuff. Any recommendations? Thanks.
The ultrasonic does a much better job without eating the aluminum like the bucket carb cleaner stuff does.

Also the using Simple Green (4/1 water/Green) in the unit doesn't wreck the rubber parts nor the metal.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If I remember correctly the stuff was called Hydroseal and it worked great on aluminum carbs but don't think it available anymore due to government regulations.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have used this stuff quite a bit in the past. Works well, but you absolutely have to make sure you don't leave any plastic or o-rings behind. It also will take any paint off in short order. The draw back to this stuff is it smells terrible, will burn you if you get it on you and don't get it washed off fairly quickly and will sometimes eat something you didn't want damaged. We won't talk about disposal...

An ultra sonic cleaner graced my shop over the past few days, and several parts have been cycled through it. One of which was the carb off of the lawn mower. Two cycles through the US cleaner, and it did every bit as good as the Chem Dip ever did without the fuss and smell. Used warm water and Simple Green in a 5:1 ratio (4:1 would probably do better, but I am low on the green stuff). Followed the US cleaner with a rinse and blow. "Why didn't I get one of these years ago?"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.